Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-17 19.31.10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	923360

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
      another reason to like Worldmark.... spices
      We've been a lot of places with salt and pepper, but that collection of spices is new to me. Personally, I don't use dried parsley, but I know it's a logical "standard," as is cinnamon -- what are the other offerings, and can you expect the same thing at all the Worldmark resorts? With Bluegreen, for instance, odds are good you'll have a 9x13" pan in a 2 BR, but it's a long way short of certain. Speculating on what the six spices are... Italian seasoning, I suspect, or maybe basil. Garlic powder? Chili powder used to be pretty standard, but I think a lot of people have switched to the chili mix packets, or at least I see a ton more of those than I used to.

On second thought, while cinnamon is a standard spice at home, I wonder how useful it is in a TS kitchen, since most people use it for baking. If I have the space to haul down flour and baking powder and whatnot, I have space for cinnamon. Of the top of my head, the only non-baking uses I can think of for it are picadillo and a few other Latin American dishes, Cincinnati chili, and some pumpkin soups. Oh, and my youngest makes apple sauce and other apply things with it.

Do other people do much baking in timeshares? We drive, so I generally bring some flour and other basics in case I feel like baking, or like having a biscuit-topped casserole or whatever. But I rarely do much more than bars of some sort, and half the time we end up buying something relatively bulky for those -- oatmeal or whatever. I suppose if we traveled more often I'd do more baking on vacation, and I'd be happier abandoning half a sack of flour than abandoning most of a jar of cinnamon, plus it's easier to use flour and the other bulky stuff up in a short period of time without getting tired of it, so maybe cinnamon makes sense after all.

Comment

When flying to a timeshare, we generally bring something for lunch or breakfast for a day or two and a few spices. Other than that it is eat out for the week.

Comment

One thought for the cinammon is that some like to sprinkle it on their coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
            One thought for the cinammon is that some like to sprinkle it on their coffee.

Or french toast .............
            Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

YES....we stayed at a Worldmark in San Diego this past year and I saw them. I didn't use, but wanted to make sure I brought them back home for future trips. Of course I forgot them. Let me tell you when I was in San Antonio last month at the grocery store looking for cheap spices for a chicken recipe I had, I was more than annoyed with myself for forgetting to take them.

As for baking...the extent of that for me is when we are driving to vacation. I will grab a box of brownie mix and just the amount of veg oil in a container for what is needed to make.

Comment

I bring Old Bay, as it has a lot of spices already in it. I bring cinnamon for my oatmeal. I bring red pepper and if driving, a little grated cheese for pasta/pizza. I also might take a box mix for baking. Keep things simple. Like that at home as well. I work and I don't have time/energy for fancy.

Comment

Working...
                X