This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWC
    I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I love it. It does exactly what I want a tablet to do. I love the email app and several others.

I started a thread for Kindle Fire users about a month ago on the Computer forum which has some good info.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...ire-users.html

It might be a good idea to merge these 2 threads and make them a sticky in the Computer forum.
    John I think you may have forgoten your a mod in this forum in fact in your a mod in every forum. YOu can merge the 2 if you like
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
      John I think you may have forgoten your a mod in this forum in fact in your a mod in every forum. YOu can merge the 2 if you like
      Frank,

I haven't forgotten that I am a mod. I will be happy to do it if I knew how to. Meanwhile I will poke a round and see if I can do it. Otherwise let me know how.
      John

Comment

Merged threads

Ok, I have merged the 2 threads. I am going to move it to the Computer forum where it really belongs and make it a sticky.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC
          Ok, I have merged the 2 threads. I am going to move it to the Computer forum where it really belongs and make it a sticky.
          I was not sure if it goes in the computer forum or in the books forum. This is a tough one to place since your using a computer device to read books. I think if there is more books listed then Kindle help then it should go in the books area but if there is more kindle help then leave it here.

Comment

I was not sure if it goes in the computer forum or in the books forum. This is a tough one to place since your using a computer device to read books. I think if there is more books listed then Kindle help then it should go in the books area but if there is more kindle help then leave it here.
            Frank,

The Kindle Fire is a tablet computer, not an e-reader like the other Kindles. Though you can read books, that is not the primary reason for buying a Kindle Fire. I use it for email, Internet news, sports, weather, TS4MS, etc. just like I would on my laptop. I also read books on it but that was not my primary reason for wanting it.

There is even an "Office 2007" app that gives you "Word", "Excel", and "Powerpoint". It costs about $14. I haven't tried it yet as I haven't seen a need to do those things on a tablet.

If you see the comments, most are not about reading books.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
              Frank,

The Kindle Fire is a tablet computer, not an e-reader like the other Kindles. Though you can read books, that is not the primary reason for buying a Kindle Fire. I use it for email, Internet news, sports, weather, TS4MS, etc. just like I would on my laptop. I also read books on it but that was not my primary reason for wanting it.
              And to think I thought that the Fire was just to use playing the game words with friends cause thats all my wife seems to do now a days is play words with friends with my two SIL's

Comment

And to think I thought that the Fire was just to use playing the game words with friends cause thats all my wife seems to do now a days is play words with friends with my two SIL's
                No, not at all. I wanted the Kindle Fire so I could do emails, surf the web, etc. when traveling without lugging around my laptop. I do play games and read books on it that is not why I wanted it.

I actually use it sometimes at home for email because the email app is easier to use than "Outlook Express" on my laptop/desktop. I also like the the sports apps and other stuff.
                John

Comment

Found a Great App

I just got the "YP" app. It allows you to find restaurants, movies, cheapest gas, etc. in virtually any location. You can set it up for multiple locations. For example, I set mine up for Murrieta CA, Temecula CA, San Diego, Marina CA, Monterey CA, and New York City. You can just type in a new location if you want. It is free and can be downloaded from the Kindle Fire app store.

To download it on your Kindle Fire

1. Go to "Apps" and click on "Store".
                  2. Type "Gas" and then click on "gas buddy app".
                  3. You will now go to the "YP" app.
                  4. Click on "Free" and it will do all the rest.

It has ratings, menus, etc. for the restaurants. The movies shows what is playing in the theaters. It is a great app.
                  John

Comment

Thanks.

nancy

Comment

Another Good App

I have another good App "Office Calculator". You can get it directly from the "App store" on your Kindle Fire and it is free.

This is a great calculator as it keeps a list of the transactions as you put them in just like the old paper adding machines used to. I used it today when I was totaling up our medical expenses for our income tax. There were over 25 items to total up ( mostly prescriptions ) so it was great to have all the transactions in front of you. I have tried it before on regular calculators and inevitably I forget something or forget where I was.
                      John

Comment

I just installed the dropbox on my laptop, will do the others later..thanks..
                        Timeshare Addict - Mexico Travel Abounds - Happy Vacations!!

Comment

Power Saving Hint

Turning off the WiFi will make the battery last longer. Click on the WiFi Icon and turn it off if you aren't accessing the Internet. If you are reading books or playing games you don't need the WiFi connection.
                          John

Comment

Timeshare Confidential

There is a book called "Timeshare Confidential" available for Kindle owners. If you have Amazon Prime, you can borrow it for free from the Amazon lending library or you can buy it for $3.99.

I just got through reading it and it is pretty interesting. It only takes about 20 minutes to read it.

I got mine from the Lending Library for free. Just click on "books", then select "Lending Library". Then do a search for "Timeshare".
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X