No announcement yet.

Grand daughter in the hospitial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven is stable. :thumbup: Really, thanks for the prayers. My son and daughter in law are staying in her room. During Milani's operation they discovered an artery was in the wrong place and this was corrected while they were working on her. I had thought there was one hole but I was told there were two that were patched. I was told these were patched with some new type of gortex ??? So the operation was good but lasted almost eight hours. The complication was Milani's heart rate dropped and the scare was no oxygen to her organs.

They were able to resuscitate her and everything seems like it will be ok. A mri is scheduled for tomorrow. They do not want her awake because of the stitches and tubes. A drain tube was removed today along with the wires attached to her head.

Yup, I first heard of Seven from George Castaza on an episode of Seinfeld. I have nic names for all seven grandkids . Milani is my seventh grandkid so I took George's idea. I would call Milani, Lani, but I already have Leilani, who I already call Lani.

Thanks again !!!

Bill

Comment

I’m so happy to hear this. I will continue to pray for her recovery.
      Jacki

Comment

Glad to hear this. Keep us updated.

Comment

I am so sorry. Prayers and positive thoughts going out, Very hard time you are going thru.

Comment

Yesterday we went to the hospital, which is about 2.5 hours away, and brought a care package to the kids and said hi to Seven. She is improving and did open her eyes and gave us a smile. The doctors and every one involved in her care are really fantastic. Seven was born at University of Washington Hospital about six weeks early weighing in under three pounds. She was had neonatal care for about 8 weeks. My daughter in law lived in the hospital room with Seven the entire time and my son was there 3 nights a week.

This new medical chapter in Seven's life was kind of spooky and very emotional mostly because of how invasive the procedure was. She had an ekg and sonogram showing a few problems that should resolve on their own. These problems actually mean spending more time in the hospital. The first night after her heart surgery they had to do cpr. It took a normal amount of time to do this cpr but to the kids who were in the room while this was going on it seemed like forever.

This is a picture of Seven the day after the surgery. This is when we asked others to pray for her. Seven was on many peoples prayer lists since she was born and now she is on many more. So Thanks !! We can tell she is getting better.

Bill

Comment

I can't add the picture but did post it oy.

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X