No announcement yet.

Grand Pacific Resorts at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort (#5362) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Granddaughter is only 11 so we don't worry about her dating, yet. Maybe when she is 21 (-:

Comment

I have an exchange here that I was going to toss back but fam changed its mind. It will be flower season, so that's good. I hate tons of kids running around but i guess the proximity to Legoland makes that inevitable so I will suffer through it, especially since we will have our own kids in tow.... I stayed much closer to the ocean last year same time and never walked to the beach - driving to beaches was easy enough and parking not a problem so I think that's ok.

Anything else I should be warned about while I'm still within my 24 hour cancelation window?

Comment

We love Carlsbad. In the past, this resort had a shuttle into town on a kind of on demand basis. Karl Strauss brewery is right there, too, if you need a place to hide from the kiddies. I heard that the Saturday checkins are ocean view, Sundays are park or resort view.

Duh, just noticed that there is a discussion about the shuttle above and the brewery is mentioned, too.

Comment

Originally posted by philsfan View Post
          We love Carlsbad. In the past, this resort had a shuttle into town on a kind of on demand basis. Karl Strauss brewery is right there, too, if you need a place to hide from the kiddies. I heard that the Saturday checkins are ocean view, Sundays are park or resort view.

Duh, just noticed that there is a discussion about the shuttle above and the brewery is mentioned, too.
          Thanks, Philsfan! Ok, I took a Saturday checkin, so I hope your rumours are true! And if the shuttle will go to the beach, that'd be even awesomer. I will check with the resort about the shuttle status. Iwas in Carlsbad last year -- I'm not a huge fan of the immediate surrounds personally, but a really good midway point between the things we like both north and south. Plus there is a probably a work commute to LA in there for a day or two, and the train from Oceanside is convenient. I would hold out for San Diego proper, but it's hard to resist the nice 2 bedroom for our dates just sitting there. i asked this question on the other thread, but do you know if I do this an Extra Vacation instead of exchange, will it still hit the 1 in 4?

Comment

It should not but I would verify with RCI and with the resort. Speaking of Oceanside, our favorite Happy Hour is at 333 Pacific in the Wynham by the Pier. Their apps are more like meals and they are only $7.

Comment

It should not but I would verify with RCI and with the resort. Speaking of Oceanside, our favorite Happy Hour is at 333 Pacific in the Wynham by the Pier. Their apps are more like meals and they are only $7.
              Good to know, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                Anything else I should be warned about while I'm still within my 24 hour cancelation window?
                Because you are exchanging in via RCI, you will have to pay the daily amenity fee - about $16/day as it is charged to exchangers but not owners

I heard that the Saturday checkins are ocean view, Sundays are park or resort view.
                I've heard it the other way around but they do ocean view check-ins on both days for owners as you can request your actual unit 60-90 days out from the check-in date

Comment

Originally posted by djyamyam View Post
                  Because you are exchanging in via RCI, you will have to pay the daily amenity fee - about $16/day as it is charged to exchangers but not owners

I've heard it the other way around but they do ocean view check-ins on both days for owners as you can request your actual unit 60-90 days out from the check-in date
                  Hmm. Well, I am not an owner... I wonder if the resort will would tell me if I should switch to Sunday, but I would bet that owners get ocean view preference anyway. I don't care about the ocean view since it's so far in the distance, but the sunsets would be lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by djyamyam View Post
                    Sundays are ocean view check-ins, Saturdays are Parkview check-ins.

It isn't possible for an ocean view owner to check-in on a Saturday instead of Sunday because the prior week owner won't check out until Sunday!

I just left GPP and stayed in unit 360 that I had requested 90 days out. My opinion is that this is one of the nicer ocean views at GPP (wrap around balcony, no trees to block the ocean view).

Comment

Originally posted by RX8 View Post
                      Sundays are ocean view check-ins, Saturdays are Parkview check-ins.

It isn't possible for an ocean view owner to check-in on a Saturday instead of Sunday because the prior week owner won't check out until Sunday!

I just left GPP and stayed in unit 360 that I had requested 90 days out. My opinion is that this is one of the nicer ocean views at GPP (wrap around balcony, no trees to block the ocean view).
                      That's what I always thought too about Sun/Sat but on a GPX reservation that was a Sat check-in (1BR) I was able to request an ocean view unit. Never tried it on a 2BR as I always thought that was pretty hard and fast about views.

Those x60/x61 units are awesome units. I always request those. I haven't had a chance to stay in the former sales room units that just got converted back to owner use. I'm told those views are pretty sweet/suite! (pun intended)

Comment

ok so do you think it's the same rule for Exchanges? I have until COB to switch it...

eta: I switched it bc Sunday works better anyway, so fingers crossed, and thanks!
                        Glitter Brunello
                        Super Moderator
                        Last edited by Glitter Brunello; 08-07-2015, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X