Grand Pacific Resorts at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort (#5362) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Pacific Resorts at Grand Pacific Palisades Resort (#5362) questions

Any input on this resort, have a two bedroom on hold.

I didn't stay in it but did visit it.
    If you are there during the flower bloom season it's got an amazing view otherwise it's just a dirt field in front of the resort.
    You can see the ocean off in the distance.
    It's near Legoland but not near the beach.

I stayed at Marbrisa which is probably comparable to these units.
    Marbrisa had nice units and is just a few blocks away from Palisades..

http://www.grandpacificpalisades.com/?mcid=gc7482k108

Comment

Does anyone know if the units have washer/dryers in them? And what is the beds in the two bedroom units.

Comment

Karl Strauss brewery is connected to it.

Great food and LOTS of beer!

hiccup!

Comment

There are several laundry rooms at the resort, but not in the rooms. I have stayed there a couple of times and the laundry rooms were never busy and were always very clean. The resort is very popular with families with kids. If you have a west-facing unit the sunsets are amazing! You can also get the proverbial view of the dumpster - be sure to request a nice room a few weeks before you go. The Karl Strauss brewery is only one of the many fabulous micro-breweries in the area.

The 2-bedroom units I have stayed in have a king bed in the master bedroom and twins in the second bedroom.

Comment

I like this resort a lot. I don't like not having laundry in the rooms, but that is my only complaint. I own here.

It's probably the best TS in the area for kids as far as activities onsite.

They started a room renovation project and did 1/3 of the rooms. The other rooms will be done in 2014 and 2015. I like the look of the new units, but the older style wasn't horrible and I think you'd be happy in them.

They do have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within 4 miles of the resort. The adults only pool is amazing warm and clean. I've never used the family pools, but they look like a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
              They do have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within 4 miles of the resort.
              Are there certain hours that the shuttle is available? If we wanted to go into town for dinner at 7 would they pick us up at 9 or later?

Comment

Originally posted by philsfan View Post
                Are there certain hours that the shuttle is available? If we wanted to go into town for dinner at 7 would they pick us up at 9 or later?
                I don't know what the specific hours are. My assumption is that it would run until 9 or 10pm, but I'd call the resort and ask before counting on it.

Comment

Thanks for the information, I just confirmed it.

Comment

I've stayed there. Great location if you like Legoland, which I do

I stayed in a 1 bedroom in the off season. It was large enough and had all the amenities. No washer/dryer in room though. But great kitchen. Nice bed.

The adult pool is supposedly Olympic size. I'm ashamed to say I didn't use use it on that trip although for me it was a huge draw because I love to lap swim long course. There's a decent jogging path nearby.

Family pool has a splash pad and a true play area nearby (park type equipment) that my son loved. There's also a half basketball court.

Our room had outdated and damaged furniture. That's really my only complaint. Well, that and the distance to the beach - it's too far from the ocean IMO.

Comment

Are there any good deals for Legoland, San Diego Zoo & Animal Park, and other things to do in the area?

Comment

Go to the Carlsbad Costco and you can get discount Lego tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by riverdees05 View Post
                          Are there any good deals for Legoland, San Diego Zoo & Animal Park, and other things to do in the area?
                          You could also check out the "Go San Diego" card.

http://www.smartdestinations.com/san...ss=Sdo_Prod_Go

Comment

You can also sign up for Groupon.com or Livingsocial.com deals in San Diego. Living Social recently had the Wild Animal Park for half off.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X