This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange with FF’s assigned exchange company week system

Depends on the 1st contract you purchased, FF will set a external exchange company account and part of your membership fee will be used to pay the membership fee for that account. It will be either II or RCI week account. If the property is HI, it can also be exchanged through Trading Place International

There are four ways to request a week exchange through RCI
    1. ARP deposit, if you are converted week, you can do that, but it is not support by FF. FF takes away UDI ability to do that start 2006.
    2. Generic deposit: based on the generic grid table, you can deposit FSP point and request a not on-line searchable generic week. It has the trading power based on whole FF group, so it usually has a little better power in RCI. But it will never be the strongest week. You have 2 years to use that deposit. You can pay extra to extend the week.
    3. On-Line Visible week, you have to go through a VC to request a week starting 2006, that is a real week but was randomly deposited by FF and given to you using the points by the generic grid table. The week is a real week, so it can be used to do on-line search. You can search 2 years after the check-in date the real week was given.
    4. Search first, you can ask VC to do a search first to check if there is anything in the RCI inventory. All the prior three options you will use your points immediately as you made a deposit, this one, if there is no week available, you can select not to deposit the points.

I don’t believe this generic grid is guaranteed, but for 7 years, I don’t think it has been changed.
    Studio (70-42-28)
    1Br (105-77-63)
    2Br(154-126-77)
    3Br(254-189-154)
    You do need to have HK for the deposit

II deposit
    I don’t own II resorts, to my best understanding, FF generic deposit can do on-line search on II. But I have no idea if it has good trading power.

TPI deposit – no idea, based on directory, looks like you need to reserve a really week to deposit.
    Jya-Ning

Comment

Other external exchanges

Exchange with other exchange companies.
      You can open an account with any exchange company, as long as they are willing to accept the FF week you can get, you need to talk with them. Most of them has its own representative in timeshareforum.

Exchange using PP for RCI nightly stay
      At this moment, your assigned exchange company has to be RCI to use it. See the PP benefits for RCI nightly stay. You don't have search ablity and have to rely on VC to do search for you.
      Jya-Ning

Comment

Rent, Borrow, extend/move Points use year

If you need more points, you can rent from FF to the total number of points you have for the year. Currently, it is $10 per 1000 at standard reservation time, and $5 per 1000 at express time.

If you can find owner willing to rent you the points, there is no limitation, the owner can transfer only the regular use point to your account, or you can transfer your points to him/her, it will need a transaction credit.

In express reservation period, you can borrow your own points from next use year.

Since the cancel points goes to the use year that trip starts, you can move the point from future year to this year by make one reservation for this year at express period (90 days) than cancel it. But you will waste the transaction credit you used to make reservation.

You can deposit all the future year points to credit pool, and it has 3 year from the day you deposit, but it will require the credit pool has the points for the use year you plan to use. It can only be used after for standard and express reservation.

If you deposit your points to an external exchange company, you have whatever that company gives you the timeframe. For RCI, it is 2 years.
        Jya-Ning

Comment

Supply and Demand in FSP Internal Trade

TJM has 2 files in Yahoo groups 1 - The unit number in FSP based on resorts
          2. The Quartly occupancy Statistic based on resort. When you joint in, I strong suggest you read them.

FF when you attend their sale, should have a "Public Offering" (???) that states the trust rule, what they actually sell, and the occupancy statis inside their system. You can try to ask to read them.

II has a demanding index about differnt area, you can look at them. IMHO if the index looks pretty flat, you should expect to see inventory at 10 month period. If there is one period that expecially higher than the other, then it may indicates that more likely the owner will try to take the unit that that time period. So if that index is extreme high than all other area's high demanding area, you probably will not see any units left 2 days or 3 days after 13 month opening period.

Tripadvisor sometimes will list the number of units at a TS resorts. It may not accurate, but it should give you some idea. Please note that sometimes FF may not own all the units in that resorts.
          Jya-Ning

Comment

The new Fee Structure Feb 2008

These are the fee structure start from Feb 1, 2008
            • The fee for purchasing housekeeping credits beyond those allotted will increase from $1.50 per credit to $2.25 per credit.
            • The fee for reservation transactions beyond those allotted will increase from $25 to $30.
            • The service fee for use of the Points Credit Pool will increase from $25 to $30.
            • Billing charges will increase from $5 to $6.

The FSP program fee start at Jan 2008 is

< 154k - $86.0 - $105.46
            154k ~ 300k - $.56 - $.68
            > 300K - $.50 - $.52

Jya-Ning
            Jya-Ning

Comment

This are the new Transaction cost adjustment start from Oct 15, 2008

GC will now cost $129 if you used all the allocated GC, and $99 if you use web to do the GC

Point credit pool is now $39

And express rent point from Wyndham is now $10 per 1K, or $8 per 1 K if you do it through web. Before is $5 per 1K in that period.

Transaction fee is now $59 if using a VC.

If you don't pay monthly, bill fee is $8 instaed of 6

PIC cost will be $89 when you try to use the PIC week into getting Wyndham's point

Jya-Ning
              Jya-Ning

Comment

Understanding FSP

Where can an owner go to become fully informed about how to use Wyndham Points. Can I book a week out say 10 months then later on cancel the reservation and this way save my points that expire EOY for next yeat?
                My question being--- is there anyway to save my 100,000 points that expire EOY for future use other than an exchange to RCI or another company?
                I have been banking my points with RCI for several years and have a hard time using up the RCI and points each year. I own 199,500 points. Deed is Pagosa , Colorado Qwner since 1998. Need help.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JR2 View Post
                  Where can an owner go to become fully informed about how to use Wyndham Points. Can I book a week out say 10 months then later on cancel the reservation and this way save my points that expire EOY for next yeat?
                  My question being--- is there anyway to save my 100,000 points that expire EOY for future use other than an exchange to RCI or another company?
                  I have been banking my points with RCI for several years and have a hard time using up the RCI and points each year. I own 199,500 points. Deed is Pagosa , Colorado Qwner since 1998. Need help.
                  Thanks
                  At this moment, you can not do too much except deposit it to RCI. If there is more leding time, you may reserve a week and deposit to other exchange company.

But some people in your position probably will put it into credit pool as soon as they done with their ARP reservation. That way, it will stay for 3 year.

You can certainly make reservation, but the point has to be able to cover the trip time. In other word, if your point is 2010 points, you can only make reservation that beginning at the end of 2010. Thus, if you cancel it, the point still goes back to 2010.

Jya-Ning
                  Jya-Ning

Comment

President Club and Club Wyndham Access

In order to help the sales, Wyndham has add 2 new type of programs. I am not owner, and thus may speak out of my league.

Both types are build on top of the existing membership.

The president club will be a deed that based on a set of president units. So all the rules apply. You will have to buy at least 1 M points from developers that based on these president units. Resale will not count. So, president member will be Platinum member. The benefit of it is that when Wyndham build new resorts, they will add certain units of president suite, and as a President club member, you will have priority on all the president units at 12 month period, and Wyndham may keep upto 75% of available president units to the members from 10 month to 30 days for reservations (you will have to use the regular points associate with the president units to reserve them). if you use these points to reserve some non-president units, your points will no longer be used to make those president unit reservations.

The other benefits is you will now belongs to the RCI Registery Collection program which suppose exchange between Fractions, High End resorts. Current exchange fee is $250 at 2010). You may be able to use all your points to exchange. The exchange is based on the following fix grid

Season - 1 BD - 2BD - 3BD - 4BD
                    High - 247k - 384k - 464k - 578k
                    med - 208k - 271k - 381k - 494k
                    low - 124k - 222k - 307k - 402k

If you travel to the president suite, you could arrange to have the room set up when you arrive, like pre-stock, daily housekeep, you could also have some special program set up for president club member only, and you could enjoy some concierge service. All these will require extra costs.

President units in this program usually has more MF than president units not in this type of program.

President club is intended for people looking for high end stay. As said before, once you use your point and it become canceled point, it will not be able to reserve on the 75% holding pool or ARP reservation, so it does try to suppress renter that way.

Club Wyndham Access groups a set of units from different resorts, so if you purchase it, you can ARP on all these units. It is a club type, so you don't own deed, the club owns it.

It is a way to attract people that want be able to ARP on different area. Wyndham do put some newer resort units into it. But instead of compete with 52 other owner in theory, you are now compete how many owners in that club divided by the number of units , which will be greater than 52. Some resort although have units in it, do have restriction that certain time frame will not be available. You could buy resale into it, although Wyndham do have ROFR word in it.

It does help the Wyndham manage to deal with the deeds they get from equity transfer. Also allow them to maintain certain control in the resorts (since club owns it).

At this moment, Wyndham does put new resort units in, so the MF will be able to keep at certain level. This is the 2nd trial of Wyndham on this type of program. The 1st trial end up failed because it is harder to put the new inventory in, and end up the MF + club management cost just much higher than most of the Wyndham resorts. Will see if it can continue going.

Jya-Ning
                    Jya-Ning

Comment

Fax and Point transfer

Originally posted by Jya-Ning
                      If you can find owner willing to rent you the points, there is no limitation, the owner can transfer only the regular use point to your account, or you can transfer your points to him/her, it will need a transaction credit.
                      Wyndham has disallow the transfer points between owners since 2009 March.

Wyndham also discontinued the FAX program (exchange for its old week system)

Jya-Ning
                      Jya-Ning

Comment

Working...
                      X