Truth about Wyndham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth about Wyndham

Hello, I'm new to the site but if anyone wants to know anything about Wyndham I could tell you first hand. I used to work for the company for years and will not be going back so I think it's time the truth comes out.

Questions please feel free to ask. Sales,marketing,resort,points,ect....

What is it that you think we don't already know?

Comment

I'd like to know what their plans are for Shell and Worldmark?

Comment

Very interesting and I hope that you will tell us. Don't you have to sign a GAG order once you leave? Welcome to Timeshare Forums.

Comment

Shell will be basically the same thing that worldmark is to Wyndham right now. They will send a few big groups to a couple of there locations for sales to make up for the 224m they spent to get (100m was debt) shell. If you know Wyndham they have just added many worldmark resorts to CWA this year. They will do the same with shell after they right size and it should only be about a year after there sales teams have gone to those few locations.

Comment

there, their, they're

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I would like to know what Wyndham did that ruined the reservations system when they took over the management of San Luis Bay Inn.

I was an owner at SLBI before it opened and was a Glen Ivy resort with the PSE system. It was all floating weeks and "red" all year. I had no trouble reserving a prime summer week, often the July 4th week. After Glen Ivy went bankrupt, RCIM managed the resort and did a very good job with no changes from Glen Ivy. The system worked very well for several years UNTIL Wyndham took over the management, When Wyndham took over all of a sudden it was very difficult to reserve a prime summer week. As owners at SLBI, we could reserve our week 13 months in advance. I called when the office opened on the first day that my requested week could be reserved and was told there was no availability. I said that was impossible as all the units for that week should be available at that time. They said no, only 2 units were available. I had to call back each week for several weeks before I was able to make a reservation and was not able to get the week that I originally wanted. This happened again the following year so I sold my SLBI timeshare and just kept our Gaslamp Plaza Suites. Our Gaslamp Plaza Suites is managed by VRI and they do an excellent job.

We had never had this problem with SLBI in the past and could always get the week we wanted as long as we requested it 9-12 month in advance.
              John

Comment

OK.

How is it better than Cendant?

How is it better than Ms. DeHaan's version of RCI?
                RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
                  I would like to know what Wyndham did that ruined the reservations system when they took over the management of San Luis Bay Inn.

I was an owner at SLBI before it opened and was a Glen Ivy resort with the PSE system. It was all floating weeks and "red" all year. I had no trouble reserving a prime summer week, often the July 4th week. After Glen Ivy went bankrupt, RCIM managed the resort and did a very good job with no changes from Glen Ivy. The system worked very well for several years UNTIL Wyndham took over the management, When Wyndham took over all of a sudden it was very difficult to reserve a prime summer week. As owners at SLBI, we could reserve our week 13 months in advance. I called when the office opened on the first day that my requested week could be reserved and was told there was no availability. I said that was impossible as all the units for that week should be available at that time. They said no, only 2 units were available. I had to call back each week for several weeks before I was able to make a reservation and was not able to get the week that I originally wanted. This happened again the following year so I sold my SLBI timeshare and just kept our Gaslamp Plaza Suites. Our Gaslamp Plaza Suites is managed by VRI and they do an excellent job.

We had never had this problem with SLBI in the past and could always get the week we wanted as long as we requested it 9-12 month in advance.
                  John, did you read this thread here? Buying for use mainly is a much better option, IMHO. I am curious what the OP has to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
                    John, did you read this thread here? Buying for use mainly is a much better option, IMHO. I am curious what the OP has to say about it.
                    What has buying for use got to do with this? I am talking about reserving MY week as an owner at SLBI, not exchanging. I wasn't reserving online. I was following the standard procedure of calling Wyndham at their 800 reservation number to make my reservation just like I did with RCIM and Glen Ivy.

Weren't you a PSE member?
                    John

Comment

My comment was about Richard's post who also commented about the Wyndham's online reservation system. His had to do with exchanging which wasn't your problem so I am sorry that I mentioned it.

Your problem is one of the reasons why I like a fixed week/unit and you don't have to deal with making reservations at all and if you don't exchange, none of Richard's problems affect us either.

We were a PSE member too with the Laguna Surf but there were no changes for us when Wyndham took over. We always had to call exactly 13 months out as it was from day one or you had to try again a week later if you wanted oceanfront. It may be because we were a tiny resort by itself and governed by the board, who are owners themselves, and they kept Wyndham in check.

I made reservations one more time recently and have nothing bad to say about the service I got then and prior years. The lady on the phone already knew about our change of management and so did I because I heard it from the front desk a month or so before it was announced officially. We are keeping all the same employees but one which is her own decision (I will miss her) so it will not make much of a difference for us but the Board feels that it is a good decision. We used the new company once before and we were happy with them also.

Comment

Curious how anyone could be convinced to buy from Wyndham when packages are widely available for next to nothing on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by iconnections View Post
                          Your problem is one of the reasons why I like a fixed week/unit and you don't have to deal with making reservations at all and if you don't exchange, none of Richard's problems affect us either.

We were a PSE member too with the Laguna Surf but there were no changes for us when Wyndham took over. We always had to call exactly 13 months out as it was from day one or you had to try again a week later if you wanted oceanfront. It may be because we were a tiny resort by itself and governed by the board, who are owners themselves, and they kept Wyndham in check.

I made reservations one more time recently and have nothing bad to say about the service I got then and prior years. The lady on the phone already knew about our change of management and so did I because I heard it from the front desk a month or so before it was announced officially. We are keeping all the same employees but one which is her own decision (I will miss her) so it will not make much of a difference for us but the Board feels that it is a good decision. We used the new company once before and we were happy with them also.
                          I far prefer floating weeks and have never had a problem getting the week I wanted at SLBI prior to Wyndham. We also are floating weeks at our other resort, the Gaslamp Plaza Suites, and have never had a problem getting the highest demand week of July 4th. I have reserved the July 4th, 2014 week already. We can reserve our weeks 24 months in advance. I don't have to plan as we use it strictly for exchanging so I always reserve the highest trading power week and then deposit it to SFX.

SLBI had 2 phases with separate boards. Our phase, which was the original one was governed only by the owners.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post

This is a case fo many resorts that have gone to a points system that were previously a week resort. What Wyndham does is allocate inventory by who can stay there. The first people to get to that resort would be there own kind, any person that has a club wyndham ownership next would be any person that has a club wyndham and using RCI then who ever else can exchange there. Be glad you got out when you did.

Comment

What can you share about Wyndham's renting of timeshare weeks to the general public? Especially the prime weeks at floating week resorts?

Comment

Working...
                              X