No announcement yet.

How To Rescind - The Berkley Group & The Grandview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your package of papers is a document that gives you instructions how to rescind your contract. Make sure that you do it within the specified time as that is very important. Some States have only five days and some have ten. You will find it where the instructions are.

Follow all instructions exactly as they are spelled out or they may not let you cancel. If it says to send it by United States Postal Service (USPS) do not send it by FAX or by UPS or by phone. Also, make copies of everything you send back and send it by certified mail with proof of delivery. That is if they say to do it by regular mail. Normally, the letter doesn't have to be notarized. Everything is spelled out in the instructions.

I hope that you still have time to rescind.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply !!
      We are now in New York. In our package there was only one cancelation form. IN the form it says we needed to sign it and send it by certified mail to the developer (address was included) or given personally.
      We canceled our flight to New York and remained one day extra in Vegas. We made 3 copies of the cancellation form, one we signed it and sent it by certified mail, the other we signed it and we took a cab to Grandview. In the reception of Grandview they told us they had the day off but we insisted to give the form and they accepted it. We have one extra copy where they put a stamp of the hotel and signed for reception with the date.
      That is what we have done so far. Should we now start mailing them and calling, what would be the next step ? Or should we send a new letter with UPS or something ? We are willing to do anything even if it is not necessary since we still have 2 days of time.

Many thanks for your reply !! In case you ever come to Amsterdam or to south Spain, please, let me know. I will be most pleased to receive you and thank you personally for your help in this issue.

Kind Regards

David Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by davidrod View Post
        Hello,

Thanks for your reply !!
        We are now in New York. In our package there was only one cancelation form. IN the form it says we needed to sign it and send it by certified mail to the developer (address was included) or given personally.
        We canceled our flight to New York and remained one day extra in Vegas. We made 3 copies of the cancellation form, one we signed it and sent it by certified mail, the other we signed it and we took a cab to Grandview. In the reception of Grandview they told us they had the day off but we insisted to give the form and they accepted it. We have one extra copy where they put a stamp of the hotel and signed for reception with the date.
        That is what we have done so far. Should we now start mailing them and calling, what would be the next step ? Or should we send a new letter with UPS or something ? We are willing to do anything even if it is not necessary since we still have 2 days of time.

Many thanks for your reply !! In case you ever come to Amsterdam or to south Spain, please, let me know. I will be most pleased to receive you and thank you personally for your help in this issue.

Kind Regards

David Rodriguez
        I don't believe that you have to do more if you followed the instructions carefully and you did that already. I know nothing about the developer of your resort but I am sure that they will follow the law and you will get your money back. You should get a receipt back too from the Post Office that the developer has received your letter if you filled out that form. You could always follow up by phone too.

Good luck and thanks for your nice invitation. Are you from Holland? I am from Holland too. Please, reply by private message.

Comment

Originally posted by tolits257
          I'm new to this timeshare business. Unfortunately, we were in Las Vegas last week and was pressured to sign a timeshare @ Grandview Las Vegas. We went home after few days and after thorough research of the Eldorado Devt Corp and Grandview, me and my wife were so dissapointed of the negative results on the web. I'm so glad i wnet to this Timeshare forums and read Violetflux informative and detailed processing on how to cancel the contract. Thanks Violet!!
          We immediately went to a lawyer and got the revocation form notarized. We then proceed to UPS and FedEX to send the copy. We sent two separate revocation copy just in case and just to make sure Eldorado office in Florida will received.
          We sign the contract on Nov.13 and the revocation was succesfully delivered to Eldorado Devt Corp i Florida on Nov.18. As per Nevada States law: The purchaser of a timeshare may cancel, by wriiten notice, the contract of sale until midnight of the 5th calendar day following the date of excution of the contract. (As provided under Nevada Revised Statutes 119A.410).
          My lawyer and us believe that its still under the cancellation period, which is the last day if its 5 days written notice.
          I called the Eldorado office 3x already to follow up, left messages. I spoke to a person name Cathy K (they dont want to give her last name). She said she haven't seen the letter yet and someone will contact us within 15 days as soon the letter will be enter in their system. I called again this morning and its all answering machine. We really need our downpament back. I heard lots of negativestories about this so called timeshare fraud, these people are trained to give victims like hard time to get our money back.
          At the moment, i already called my credit card company to avoid future monthly charges.
          I also sent email to Grandview Las Vegas about my cancellation, detailing the delivery of the revocation letter to Eldorado, and also attaching a copy of it for their reference.
          Me and wife wish that will result to a positive outcome...i guess its reall "live and learn" to us human beings. Thank you again to all and i will be happy to get more advices to all of you with the same experience. Crossfinger for now!!
          David,

I am reading the beginning of this thread and see that this person notarized the revocation form. Was this spelled out in the instructions? If so, please, fill out the form again and have it notarized. I have never heard of this before but, if they require it, you should do it. There are many places where you can do this in the USA. All you need to do is ask the hotel or look in the phone book. It is very inexpensive too. I believe that it is $10 only. If it isn't spelled out, don't worry about it. Now I understand why you asked this question.

Comment

I also Bought a Timeshare at the Grandview and didn't see the need to cancel but I really want to know what all you found out that made you want to cancel your ownerships?

Comment

It's just too much if no other reason

Originally posted by krash2501
              I also Bought a Timeshare at the Grandview and didn't see the need to cancel but I really want to know what all you found out that made you want to cancel your ownerships?
              Easy. If you bought retail you paid 90%+ more than you needed to and will never get back. Plus you will pay the same fee as the resale buyer so why do it?

If the time is over then grin and bear it but paying retail is never the best deal you can get. Never.

Comment

Hi David,

We did not get our letter notarized because the instructions did not say we needed to. So by sending them the letter by certified mail, you have done what you need to do. The only thing I think you may have left to do is to return the package they gave you so if you are still in Vegas you may want to drop by Grandview again and give them the package. Then just be patient and wait for them to return the money to you.

Comment

Hi, I did an online search for people that were trying to dump / sell their Grandview timeshare, and there appears to be a lot of people desperate to almost give away their timeshare since they did not want to pay the yearly fee. I would never be able to go to Vegas each year to enjoy my timeshare, so I would always be doing the trade-in offer of points. When I did more research on what I could trade my timeshare for, there was no high end swap potential as was promised to me. I would have to tell them 6+months in advance I wouldn't be coming that year to stay at Grandview, then be given short notice on options to what I could trade for and these were not 5 star resorts (so the points I would get for my Grandview timeshare would not buy me 1 week somewhere great elsewhere).

Comment

But if you buy resale can you still get the 2 free weeks per year in a 2br. I know they are only for 45 days out and the resorts you get with that might not be that great but It works great for me.

I see the point in saving $11K and if I KNEW better I would have gone that way with my choice. My next purchase will be that way.

What I got was 53000 points for a 1bed plus 2 free weeks, and the fees are only $335+- per year. Didn't seem to bad at the time. But also I do make it out to LV 2-3 times per year so I may need to buy another TS in LV someday.

Live and learn I guess

Comment

The Latest Suckers!!!

We went in thinking that we were going to say "NO" to everything they offered and just get our two free tickets.

We had our feet practically out the door (after 4.5 hours) and the last person we talked to ended up convincing us to sign for one (1) week, every three years for $5,500. When I calculated it out to two bedroom for 52 weeks a year (essentially buying a condo) we would have paid about $1,750,000 for a set of $300,000 dollar condos.

We are sending our revocation letters out tomorrow. The only thing that disappointed me about the whole ordeal is the 'Public Offering' letter (with the large bold red lettering). It was brushed over very lightly and the revocation letter was not even discussed. I can't even remember if we had already signed some papers before she mentioned one paragraph in the offering. This should be the first thing shown to potential buyers. I know, I know...and in my world the elephants are pink!!

I have to say "Thank You!!!" to all the previous posters of this thread. The information has been invaluable!!!

Trevor

Comment

I wish I has seen all of this when we bought our Timeshare from Grandview a year ago. We told them repeatedly that we didn't have enough money in our budget for the timeshare, but after four hours of their tactics and lowering and lowering the overall price and payments, we finally (regretfully) gave in.

Now, a year later, my wife's wages have been cut dramatically and the fees keep stacking up. So far, we haven't missed a payment, but I don't see that continuing much longer -- especially on something that we have yet to use. As best I can figure out, we've made about $2600 in payments, give or take. I did contact [link disallowed] a few months ago and they wanted about that much in legal fees to take care of it -- though they did say that they could probably get all of the money from El Dorado and Grandview back in a few months.

I really want out of this horrible situation. I feel almost suicidal about it, which is probably why I try to block it out so much. My fear is that using $2500 more money on the chance that I can get out of it is putting good money after bad -- especially if it goes nowhere.

I'v also thought of stopping payments but I have excellent credit and would hate to ruin that over this, though it seems inevitable in one way or another. Also, I have no idea how to stop the automatic payments that come out of my checking account every month.

Is there anywhere I can turn? Is a consumer group a reputable option? Or am I stuck in this nightmare which may very well ruin my life?

Comment

Anyone who tells you they can get you out of your contract and needs money upfront is a worse crook that the developer who conned you in the first place.

Comment

Sorry about the inclusion of the URL before. I'm just trying to find information.

Good to know that these companies that want money up front are less than reputable. Are there any other choices? I did try to read the contract and the only thing that stuck with me is that it seemed that I would be responsible for the full purchase price if I stopped making payments.

Just looking for options -- not to be a shill or advertise for someone!

Comment

Get Out of Your Timeshare

You do not have to be stuck with your. I have 25 years experience in the timeshare and travel club industry. One thing the timeshares do not want is more bad media exposure and a damaging lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by No Timeshare View Post
                                You do not have to be stuck with your. I have 25 years experience in the timeshare and travel club industry. One thing the timeshares do not want is more bad media exposure and a damaging lawsuit.
                                One of the latest cons in the unsavory timeshare "industry". They are just another con to rip off timeshare owners for money. This could be the same guy that conned you into buying from the developer, then conned you again for an upfront resale fee. Wow a quarter century in the timeshare-travel "industry"-
                                what a resume for trustworthiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X