How To Rescind - The Berkley Group & The Grandview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Rescind - The Berkley Group & The Grandview

I am in the midst of processing a revocation/recsission.

Here's what I've done so far and all the contact info I've gathered by making hundreds of calls and trolling the internet. You may find this helpful if you are one of the many who have been scammed, pressured or oversold on the Grandview Resorts in Las Vegas, Vacation Village, RCI or El Dorado Resorts Corp. Since It took me so long to gather all this information I hope to make it more accessible for others in the same situation.

Addresses:
    The Berkley Group
    3015 North Ocean Blvd
    Suite #121
    Ft. Lauderdale Florida 33308
    (THE BERKLEY GROUP IS THE PARENT COMPANY - THEY DO BUSINESS UNDER 60+ DIFFERENT NAMES)
    OTHER DBA/ALIASES/NAMES can be found at this link here: 3015 N Ocean Blvd Ste 121 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

El Dorado Resorts Corp
    3015 North Ocean Blvd Suite #121
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308

Vacation Village
    16461 Racquet Club Road
    Westin, Florida 33326

The Grandview Resorts
    9175 Las Vegas Blvd
    Suite #110
    Las Vegas, NV 89123

Phone Numbers:

FLORIDA
    954-563-2444 This is the Berkly Group Main Voicemail
    954-217-9570 This is Owner Services @ Daily Management Resorts
    954-217-9490 This is the Main number of Vacation Village
    954-217-9490 This is an alternative number for Vacation Village
    954-384-9445 This is the I.T./Communications Dept - Or Switchboard/Operator
    954-561-4007 This is the Resort Accounting Services Department
    800-454-4771 This is the Mortgage Department Main Line (A maze to navigate)
    954-561-5711 This is the Mortgage Department General Voicemail

425-355-3191 This is another way to access the Mortgage Dept (Specifically dealing with Grandview Resort Mortgages)

LAS VEGAS
    702-212-9802 This is the Main Office of The Grandview Resorts
    702-407-7524 This is the general fax line of The Grandview Resorts
    702-966-4700 This is the Owner's Association for The Grandview Resorts
    702-212-9802 X 215 This is the Cancellations Department

EMAILS
    Vegasvlo@VacationVillageresorts.com - Vacation Village Resorts General Email
    vacvillages@dailymanagementresorts.com - Daily Management Resorts General Email
    Grandview@dailymanagementresorts.com - The Grandview Resorts General Email
    ifetime@dailymanagementresorts.com - Lifetime of Vacations General Email

STEPS TAKEN TO COMPLE REVOCATION FORM

1ST
    DEAUTHORIZE PAYMENT!
    Called my bank (attached to the card they imprinted)and placed a stop payment on the amount and company authorized in the contract for the downpayment. This will save you a huge hassle over negotiating your refund. DO THIS RIGHT AWAY!

2ND
    SEND OUT THE PAPERS!
    Within 24 hours of the signing of the original contract I went to the notary and had two copies of the Revocation Form signed, notarized and sent out (By the same person) FedEX Priority Overnight Certified/Receipt requested mail. These were sent to the El Dorado Resort Address as outlined in my contract and the Grandview Resorts where the contract was signed (To leave more of a paper trail) I went onto the Fedex site and had them email me copies of the signatures upon arrival as well as receipt of delivery. I kept and copied all the receipt information. I than emailed a copy of the revocation form signed, a letter requesting a revocation and the FedEx tracking numbers to all the emails listed above. Than I called and left messages on every voicemail I could letting them know about the revocation, the tracking number, and the fact I would be calling about the delivery the very next day. I kept detailed track of who/when and what number I called, who if anybody I spoke with and what was said. (I"M A JOURNALIST, IT'S WHAT I DO )

3RD
    FOLLOW UP!
    I called the next morning to verify the delivery with the main parties involved, mainly the cancellation department (Las Vegas) and the mortgage department(Florida). Because I had done my research in advance I was able to press my representative in Florida to tell me that I must return the materials I received from the Grandview salesmen or I was going to be charged. She told me It would take 20 days to process, but I insisted it be done now. She was surprised to hear that the Las Vegas location already had a certified notarized copy of the revocation in hand - so no delaying tactics about faxing over a copy in 3-5 days. I also followed up the the Las Vegas location making sure my revocation form was received, my contract canceled, my payments deauthorized and to garner a confirmation code on that.

4TH
    SEND THE MATERIALS BACK!
    My representative from the mortgage department specified where I should sent them - in this case El Dorado Resorts location in Florida - so I did. Than I emailed the tracking information as well as calling and leaving the information on various voicemail recordings. I included a COPY of a signed letter saying I was returning the materials per her request to satisfy the condidtion of Revocation. I also included a COPY of the email I originally sent detailing the original revocation/tracking number, ect. And because it's me I also went the extra mile and took a camera video of me packing up the materials, putting in the letters and such and shipping it through FedEx 2nd day express. (JOURNALIST, REMEMBER )

5TH
    WRITE A STATEMENT
    My husband and I took down statements about our experience, noting all the inaccuracies presented to us that did not hold up on further research. Some of this was in writing, though most of it was verbal, so we wanted to make sure to get down the info right away before the details became blurry.

6TH
    PAPER TRAIL PAPER TRAIL!
    I sent a copy of my revocation, my contract and all the steps, information, people I spoke with copies of receipts - generally anything to do with this issue to the fraud department at my credit card company. This covers me and helps them to investigate this fraud further. It also helps in case your stop payment was filed to late - They can "Claw" back your funds and negotiate directly with the mortgage department. They will also cover any fees associated with your claim until the manner is resolved.

7TH
    CANCEL TRAVEL/EXCHANGE CLUB MEMBERSHIP
    Verify with RCI or other Timeshare Exchange Company that you have not been set up with an account. It may be too soon for them to have the information processed, so you may need to call 6-8 weeks latter to ensure that no account has been set up using your information and name.

FINALLY,

1. Realize that its worth the hassle and short term expense to save yourself a lot of expense and hassle in the long run. I stopped agonizing over every cost, despite my penny pinching ways. ITS WORTH IT, I can't stress it enough. Send it express, get it notarized, cover yourself at every opportunity. The more recorded paper trail the better for you, should you ever have to take it to a legal entity.

2. Don't beat yourself up about making a mistake. Your not the first, nor the last to be pushed or talked into a bad decision. There are many sites like this one that can help you dispel some of the anger or frustration of dealing with this. Take a deep breath and chalk it up to life experience. You're not going to be jumping into any other spur of the moment buys after this!

3. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Timeshares are not generally a bad thing altogether, however being pushed or bullied into signing a contract without doing the research is. After this is all over take the time to evaluate timeshares and your lifestyle, if its good fit - buy resale. Realize that very few timeshares ever make a profit.. You do this because it fits your lifestyle and because it may offer opportunities you would not have access to otherwise. Be smart, take the time to do the research so you'll make a good decision.

Good Luck!

The Berkley Group & Associated Alias/DBA

If you are considering a Recsission or Revocation, it may be helpful to know if the resort/company you purchased from is associated with the Berkley Group. (So you can proceed accordingly) Below is a list I've gathered of some of the names/DBA/Aliases they operate under.

The Berkley Group (PARENT COMPANY)
    3015 North Ocean Blvd
    Suite #121

954-564-0264
    954-561-5711
    954-563-2444

DBA/ Aliases/ Other Names

Allied Collection Service, Inc.
    Always Travel With US, Inc.
    American Federated Financial Corporation
    American Mailing Co-Op, Inc.
    B.L. Registered Agents, Inc.
    Berkley Aviation, Inc.
    Berkley Vacation Resorts, Inc.
    Bgi Registered Agents, Inc.
    Centurion Resorts Corporation
    Client Generation Services, Inc.
    Coastal Resort Associates, Inc.
    Cocowalk Development, Inc.
    Driftwood Beach Club, Inc.
    East Ocean Development Corporation
    Edgewater Resorts, Inc.
    Eldorado Resorts Corp.
    Enchanted Isle Resort Condominium Association,
    Grande Resorts Corporation
    Gulf Breeze Resorts Realty, Inc.
    Gulf Breeze Resorts, Inc.
    Hollywood Isle Development, Inc.
    Hollywood Resorts Company
    International Data Networkers, L.L.C.
    J E L Consulting, L.L.C.
    Key Resort Group, Inc.
    L and L Marketing, Inc.
    Land Planning & Consulting, Inc.
    Lando Realty, Inc.
    Lando Resorts Corporation
    Mexican Adventure Restaurant, Inc.
    Mizner Place at Weston Town Center Owners Association
    Noble Resorts Corporation
    Orlando Off-Site Marketing, Inc.
    Overlook Resorts Corporation
    Owc-Fl, Inc.
    Pacific Western (Myrtle Beach), Inc.
    Palm Beach Resort Development Group, L.L.C.
    Palm Beach Resort Holdings, Inc.
    Patriot Resorts Corporation
    Patriot Suites, Inc.
    Racquet Club Resorts, Inc.
    Reel Tight Sportfishing, Inc.
    Resort Time Share Incentive, Inc.
    Royal Grande Resorts, Inc.
    Shoreline Resorts, Inc.
    The Berkley Group, Inc.
    Tower Resorts Realty, Inc.
    Travel Opportunities, Inc.
    Unique Resorts Corporation
    Unique Resorts Realty, Inc.
    Vvv Rental, LLC
    Westview Resorts Corporation
    Williamsburg Plantation, Inc.
    Xbp Marketing Corp.
    Yacht Harbour Resorts, Inc.

Comment

Sample of Revocation Letter

It was difficult for me to find a sample of a Revocation Letter on the web, so I included a copy of my letter that I sent. I also sent signed notarized copies of the Revocation Form that was included in my purchase agreement. I may have gone overboard, but I just wanted to cover all my bases. Hope this helps!
      __________________________________________________ _____________

I hereby rescind my contract or agreement for sale of DATE with DEVELOPER to purchase timeshare - week #00, Condominium Parcel Number #000, Parcel ID# 0000 - in the TIMESHARE NAME We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of "$0,000.00" Do not make any charges to my credit card.

A Notarized copy of Revocation Form #0000 has been sent to the following address pursuant to Revocation Form requirements and according to Florida Statutes which states: "Notify", for purposes of Sections 721.06(1)(g) and 721.065(2)(c), Florida Statutes, shall mean that a written notice of cancellation is delivered, by any means which may include certified mail return receipt requested, to the entity designated to receive the notice of cancellation in the statement required by Sections 721.06(1)(g) or 721.065(2)(c), Florida Statutes.

Address One:
      Eldorado Development Corp.
      3015 North Ocean Blvd., #121
      Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33308
      FedEx Priority Overnight - certified mail return receipt requested
      Tracking Number: 000000
      Shipment ID: 0000000
      Ship Date: Weekday, Month/Date/Year
      Expected Delivery Date: Weekday, Month/Date/Year - Time
      Notarized by: Name of Notary Licence #, Location

Address Two:
      The Grandview Resorts
      ATTN: NAME OF CONTACT
      Cancellations Dept
      9175 Las Vegas Blvd. South Suite #110
      Las Vegas, Nevada 89123
      FedEx Priority Overnight - certified mail return receipt requested
      Tracking Number: 000000
      Shipment ID: 0000000
      Ship Date: Weekday, Month/Date/Year
      Expected Delivery Date: Weekday, Month/Date/Year - Time
      Notarized by: Name of Notary Licence #, Location

Sincerely,

Your NAME
      Mortgage Account# 0000

Comment

Sending Back The Materials

Chances are that they won't tell you that you have to send back the materials to avoid being charged until you've waited through a lengthy "processing" period AND an "exit interview". If you can get your representative to tell you were your packet needs to be sent early - do so. It means Less hassle and less "processing" time. Include a COPY of a signed letter along with the materials to identify them as yours. Below is a sample of the letter I sent with my packet. (I even snapped a quick camera video of me packing up the materials and letter and shipping them out FedEx - just for me )
        __________________________________________________ ______________

ATTN: NAME OF MY MORTGAGE REPRESENTATIVE
        MORTGAGE DEPT
        El Dorado Resorts Corp.
        3015 North Ocean Blvd Suite #121

Per your request during telephone conversation DATE at TIME , I am returning all R.C.I/Vacation Village materials received from The Grandview Resorts to the address listed above to satisfy the condition of Rescission.

I have also included a COPY of the details of the Rescission form mailings and general statement of rescission. This is in addition to the Rescission forms included in our purchaser agreement which were notarized and shipped DATE via FedEx Priority Overnight – certified mail, to Both the location listed above and the 9175 Las Vegas Blvd. South Suite #110 Las Vegas Nevada 89123 location.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME
        DATE
        Mortgage # 0000
        Parcel ID# 00000
        Name of Timeshare
        Condominium Parcel Number #00
        Week #00

Comment

Interesting to know...

I found it interesting to know that there is a Wage Lawsuit being leveled at The Berkley Group. The reason? Overtime & Minimum wage issues with their timeshare salespersons. Currently this case is pending in the District Court of Nevada.

Find out more here: BERKLEY GROUP WAGE LAWSUIT
          I've included a snipet of the lawsuit article for your reading pleasure.

The Berkley Group apparently does not consider its salespersons actual employees...

That Berkley Group treats many of its salespersons as "independent contractors" or "licensed real estate salespersons" does NOT deprive you of your "employee" status for Federal overtime pay purposes. Under Federal law you are an "employee" for overtime pay purposes if the "economic reality" of your situation is such that you are truly working like an "employee." Berkley Group timeshare salespersons are not working like independent business people. They have no direct investment in the Berkley Group business, they do not set their own hours, they do not control how they sell the Berkley Group product or what it is sold for.

Comment

Update:

After hours on the phone, being told several different stories, contacting the fraud department of my bank and lots of "No", "We Can't Do That" and other such tantalising statements over the course of several weeks I can now say that I FINALY received my refund!

I look back on this and know that it was quite the learning experience for me, and I hope by posting this it may help someone else.
            Well wishes to everyone in this situation! Have hope, It can be done!

Comment

Many TS Developers don't consider the sale people employees

Originally posted by Violetflux View Post
              I found it interesting to know that there is a Wage Lawsuit being leveled at The Berkley Group. The reason? Overtime & Minimum wage issues with their timeshare salespersons. Currently this case is pending in the District Court of Nevada.

Find out more here: BERKLEY GROUP WAGE LAWSUIT
              I've included a snipet of the lawsuit article for your reading pleasure.

The Berkley Group apparently does not consider its salespersons actual employees...

That Berkley Group treats many of its salespersons as "independent contractors" or "licensed real estate salespersons" does NOT deprive you of your "employee" status for Federal overtime pay purposes. Under Federal law you are an "employee" for overtime pay purposes if the "economic reality" of your situation is such that you are truly working like an "employee." Berkley Group timeshare salespersons are not working like independent business people. They have no direct investment in the Berkley Group business, they do not set their own hours, they do not control how they sell the Berkley Group product or what it is sold for.
              In New England, the vast majority are 'Live Free or Die" ( The New Hampshire State motto) 1099 independent contractors.

Comment

Thank you for your very informative and well-written documentation of your experience. It's very sad that people have to take such drastic steps, especially when it's so easy for sales representatives to leave out important details, tell half-truths, or out-and-out lie to a potential customer. TS can be a great asset for many people, but so many are reluctant to even consider it because of the high pressure sales tactics and bad reputation of many in the industry. I'm very happy for you that you have had a positive result for all your efforts. Keep looking. There are many different kinds of options out there.

Comment

Thank you Longtimer for your imput.

Although the experience was admitedly a tramatic one, I still feel that the concept behind the timeshare experience is a very positive one. I am certain that it goes on a case by case basis and I would not attempt to put all sales representatives, companies or timeshare options on the same level. It is true that the unfortunate methods employed by some of the companies utilitizing high pressure sales tactics and puzzling phone mazes to reach proper customer service personal do, sadly, exsist & thrive. BUT, I hope in sharing my experience I would not detour anyone from considering timeshare opportunities altogether. I only wish to help those who realize they have made an uninformed (or incorrectly informed) decision to rectify it quickly and without issue. Because my case involved some of the more unsavory sales tactics and incredibly involving searches for correct contact and truthful information concerning recsession, I wanted to share the fruits of that labour in order to spare others the hassle.

Now on the other end I am looking to make a more informed timeshare buy, and am thankful to Timeshare forums for helping to make that possible.

Comment

Thank you so much for such a detailed process! I'm currently on the process of rescinding the Timeshare I bought just last Saturday from Grandview Resort at Las Vegas and I'm a little frustrated at the lack of detailed information on the rescinding process (understandable considering they don't want you to but still) and this helps a lot. I will take the steps that you've taken and will use the information you've provided. Hopefully everything pulls through.

Being pressured to sign on the same day that I've been introduced to Timeshare was very unsettling but it felt like I had no other choice. Now that I've researched enough about Timeshare in the past few hours (lack of sleep oh joy!) I'm definitely rescinding until I can do more research regarding this.

Comment

I had to do a recision for my Mom and I also emailed them with a return receipt acknowledgement to also have an electronic proof of recision. I then drove to Ft. Lauderdale to cancel. They weren't that eager to cancel everything but they did do it when I showed up in person. By the way I put, "wanting to purchase your vacation club" in the Re: box. They opened it right up. Probably wouldn't have if I had put "Cancellation" in the box.

I didn't know that Enchanted Isle is part of the Berkley group and I own 2 weeks there. I guess that's why they were selling their Vacation Village Voyages membership at the resort.

I can't let my Mom go on any of these free breakfasts anymore because she has zero sales resistance. And she used to be a realtor before she retired. Go figure.

Comment

Violet, I'm so glad your case came to a happy conclusion and your money refunded. The detailed step by step for rescinding surely would be a great help for others that were misled by the sales people of this Berkeley group.

Comment

I'm new to this timeshare business. Unfortunately, we were in Las Vegas last week and was pressured to sign a timeshare @ Grandview Las Vegas. We went home after few days and after thorough research of the Eldorado Devt Corp and Grandview, me and my wife were so dissapointed of the negative results on the web. I'm so glad i wnet to this Timeshare forums and read Violetflux informative and detailed processing on how to cancel the contract. Thanks Violet!!
                          We immediately went to a lawyer and got the revocation form notarized. We then proceed to UPS and FedEX to send the copy. We sent two separate revocation copy just in case and just to make sure Eldorado office in Florida will received.
                          We sign the contract on Nov.13 and the revocation was succesfully delivered to Eldorado Devt Corp i Florida on Nov.18. As per Nevada States law: The purchaser of a timeshare may cancel, by wriiten notice, the contract of sale until midnight of the 5th calendar day following the date of excution of the contract. (As provided under Nevada Revised Statutes 119A.410).
                          My lawyer and us believe that its still under the cancellation period, which is the last day if its 5 days written notice.
                          I called the Eldorado office 3x already to follow up, left messages. I spoke to a person name Cathy K (they dont want to give her last name). She said she haven't seen the letter yet and someone will contact us within 15 days as soon the letter will be enter in their system. I called again this morning and its all answering machine. We really need our downpament back. I heard lots of negativestories about this so called timeshare fraud, these people are trained to give victims like hard time to get our money back.
                          At the moment, i already called my credit card company to avoid future monthly charges.
                          I also sent email to Grandview Las Vegas about my cancellation, detailing the delivery of the revocation letter to Eldorado, and also attaching a copy of it for their reference.
                          Me and wife wish that will result to a positive outcome...i guess its reall "live and learn" to us human beings. Thank you again to all and i will be happy to get more advices to all of you with the same experience. Crossfinger for now!!

Comment

Originally posted by tolits257
                            We immediately went to a lawyer and got the revocation form notarized. We then proceed to UPS and FedEX to send the copy. We sent two separate revocation copy just in case and just to make sure Eldorado office in Florida will received.

I also sent email to Grandview Las Vegas about my cancellation, detailing the delivery of the revocation letter to Eldorado, and also attaching a copy of it for their reference.
                            I admire your determination to rescind, but you may have inadvertantly provided them with a loophole. I doubt that they will fight you since you have made it very clear to them that you intend to do whatever necessary to rescind, but the law does not say you can use UPS, FedEX, or email to rescind. It is always best to follow the instructions exactly; in this case, the rescission should have been sent by certified mail. It is also a good idea to get a receipt.

Nevada

If a prospect does buy, he must sign a receipt for the Property Report or Public Offering Statement which has a warning that says, "CONSUMER SHOULD READ THIS REPORT BEFORE SIGNING ANY PAPER." Even after signing the contract, the buyer is given 5 calendar days to rescind the contract. No reason is needed to rescind, but it must be done in writing with proper notification (certified mail, personal delivery, or telegraph).

NEVADA REVISED STATUTE 119A.410 RIGHT TO CANCEL CONTRACT OF SALE.
                            1. The purchaser of a time share may cancel, by written notice, the contract of sale until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date of execution of the contract. The contract of sale must include a statement of this right.
                            2. The right of cancellation may not be waived. Any attempt by the developer to obtain a waiver results in a contract which is voidable by the purchaser.
                            3. The notice of cancellation may be delivered personally to the developer or sent by certified mail or telegram to the business address of the developer.
                            4. The developer shall, within 15 days after receipt of the notice of cancellation, return all payments made by the purchaser.
                            (Added to NRS by 1983, 982; A 1985, 1141; 1987, 894; 2003, 984)

NEVADA RULE 26. COMPUTATION AND EXTENSION OF TIME
                            (a) Computation of Time. In computing any period of time prescribed by these rules, by an order of court, or by any applicable statute, the day of the act, event, or default from which the designated period of time begins to run shall not be included. The last day of the period shall be included, unless it is a Saturday, Sunday or a nonjudicial day, in which event the period extends until the end of the next day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or a nonjudicial day. When the period of time prescribed or allowed is less than seven (7) days, intermediate Saturdays, Sundays and nonjudicial days shall be excluded in the computation.

Comment

Wow only 5 days in Nevada?

In Florida it's 10 days.

I don't think 5 days is enough, it takes that long to read the prospectus.

They have a powerful timeshare lobby group in Nevada obviously.

Comment

Working...
                              X