Help...Looking for Honest Answers ! How To Rescind Westgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie31 View Post
    I want to thank you for your help! I'm also in the same situation - no help from Westgate (I knew they wouldn't be helpful) no info on documents to cancel and no address listed. I was at a loss- came across this website and got useful information. My documents were sent to 3 different addresses - overkill but I want my documents there! So far 1 signed, 2 sitting at post office- even though they had physical addresses! It sounds great when your sitting at their table but then reality set in- I was so nervous! With this website - I feel a sense of relief and hopeful that things will get resolved!
    Thanks for letting us know we were of help to you.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

"Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi received your correspondence regarding Westgate/Central Florida Investments. Attorney General Bondi asked that I respond.

Thank you for considering our office as a resource in this matter. The Florida Attorney General's Office is concerned with all potentially unfair and deceptive trade practices our state. We are forwarding your information to the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division for review.

In addition, you may also wish to notify the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes. Pursuant to chapter 721, Florida Statutes, the DBPR regulates timeshare plans in Florida. The contact information is:

Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes 1940 North Monroe Street Tallahassee, Florida 32399 Phone: (850) 488-1122 Websites: www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr www.myfloridalicense.com/entercomplaint.asp?SID=

Your correspondence provides valuable information that will help us identify trends in consumer fraud and allow us to set enforcement priorities. We appreciate the time and effort you took in bringing your concerns to our attention.

Sincerely, Office of Citizen Services Florida Attorney General's Office PL-01, The Capitol Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1050 Telephone: (850) 414-3990 Toll-free within Florida: (866) 966-7226 Website: www.myfloridalegal.com "
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Does anyone know if the letters need to be notarized? My portfolio didn't have a secret pocket with cancellation instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          Just found this info from googling "Westgate Rescind"
          I want to thank everyone on this forum on helping me rescind my contract without this forum i would of been stuck with this dump timeshare.

once i sent the certified letter to west gate resort the cancellation went very smoothly and without any problems. i pretty much copy everything grayfal wrote and send the letter via certified mail on the 8th day of signing this contract. The envelope they tell you to hold on to and sealed will tell you the correct address to mail your cancellation letter.

hope this message will encourage someone that fell for this trap cancel there contract

thank you all.

Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by N3LSON33 View Post
            I want to thank everyone on this forum on helping me rescind my contract without this forum i would of been stuck with this dump timeshare.

once i sent the certified letter to west gate resort the cancellation went very smoothly and without any problems. i pretty much copy everything grayfal wrote and send the letter via certified mail on the 8th day of signing this contract. The envelope they tell you to hold on to and sealed will tell you the correct address to mail your cancellation letter.

hope this message will encourage someone that fell for this trap cancel there contract

thank you all.

Nelson
            Your welcome.
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Great to see that an old thread is still saving people thousands of dollars and headaches.
              Welcome to the forum Nelson and I hope you stick around.
              Timeshares can be a great thing if you purchase the right one.
              If you enjoy the lifestyle they can be a great thing.
              Some of us have gathered a few along the years.
              I've got 8 myself. They are my answer to a 2nd home.

Comment

If someone buys from the developer there is something about timesharing that was wanted. If you buy and rescind, you should look at the other way to get into timesharing- the resale market. Buying resale is nearly always much more inexpensive, enabling you to pay or your ownership in cash and without the pressure a developer salesman can apply. After my early '80's developer purchase and subsequent rescission, I was aware of timesharing but didn't see the resale possibility until the 90's. Since then I have owned in 3 countries, vacationed in 2 and had nearly 200 timeshare week stays. After much buying and owning up to 9 weeks and now down to 3 after many more sales and buys I like the idea of keeping space open to buy another week, just in case a great opportunity presents itself.

Comment

Working...
                X