Help...Looking for Honest Answers ! How To Rescind Westgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...Looking for Honest Answers ! How To Rescind Westgate

Hello all, just came across your website and thought I would reach out for some advice.

I just returned from a Florida holiday and am not sure I made a sound decision. I did purchase a Westgate Orlando timeshare, however feel the transaction, looking back was a blur and provided limited information on how things work. I have no idea what hidden costs will be associated to my trips or potential transfers to associated resorts.

Aside from the maintenance fees and transfer costs in booking at an associated resort can anyone advised what other fees I can expect?

Unfortunately the rep. who sold us the share is not responding to phone calls otherwise I would take it up with him.
    I am very unsure of my decision and would appreciate any advice or regrets others may have on this site.

Lastly, I understand under Florida Law I can revoke my contract within 10 days of signing. Has anyone had any experience with this process?

Thanks again for any input...

Signed,
    Stressed OUT

Get the cancelation papers in the Mail now, Send it Certified with return receipt.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

In the paperwork they gave you, there should be instructions for rescinding your purchase. Find them, and follow them to the letter. For example, if it says to send the letter via certified USPS mail, DO NOT send it via FedEx instead. Do not call the sales rep, s/he will only try to talk you out of it or stall you until the rescission limit has passed. You have 10 days for a Florida purchase, but those are *calendar* days, not business days, so you might not have very much time.

If you have even the slightest doubts, rescind right away.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
        In the paperwork they gave you, there should be instructions for rescinding your purchase. Find them, and follow them to the letter. For example, if it says to send the letter via certified USPS mail, DO NOT send it via FedEx instead. Do not call the sales rep, s/he will only try to talk you out of it or stall you until the rescission limit has passed. You have 10 days for a Florida purchase, but those are *calendar* days, not business days, so you might not have very much time.

PLEASE rescind your purchase exactly as instructed

Then take some time to learn more about Timeshares

Unfortunately, Westgate does not have a very good reputation in the timeshare world and you will have a hard time even giving this away.
        You could buy a Marriott or a Hilton or a Hyatt. Timeshare resale for much less and have a great ownership.
        Let us know what you decide.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Definitely rescind right away! Get your letter in the mail tomorrow. The contract will have instructions on how to send recission, but you will need to get a return receipt. Hurry! We will all be happy to help you find something that's perfect for you and probably very inexpensive.

Comment

Rescind without further thought. If you really want a Westgate week, I know where you can get one free.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post

They did not provide me with any cancellation instructions...said the paperwork would be shipped to my residence in a week. By then can I assume the my 10 day period for cancelling will be over??

Comment

I will let others chime in as I'm not a lawyer. But as I understand it, your "clock" does not start until you are given a copy of your executed sales agreement and other documentation. You will need to keep careful record of when you receive the documents.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...-purchase.html

In Florida, the purchaser has the right to cancel the contract until midnight of the tenth calendar day following the execution date or the day on which the purchaser received the last of all required documents, whichever occurs later (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.10).

Comment

Just found this info from googling "Westgate Rescind"

Hello,

I am new in this site, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all for all the advices I have found here. Thanks for posting. I bought a time-share for Westgate Palace on March 12. Next day I realized it was a huge mistake and started to do some research about how to cancel it , thankfully I found out about the 10 day cancellation period. I sent a letter through UPS and I requested a signature on delivery, however the letter arrived today, UPS confirms that it was delivered, however they didn't get a signature. I send another letter today (it is the 6th day) through Canada Post. I am just wondering if there is something else I should do. Should I keep sending them letters? I send the letter to the address in the contract:
                  -Westgate Palace, L.L.C.
                  2801 Old Winter Garden Road
                  Ocoee, Florida 34761

and additionally I sent one to the hotel 6145 Carrier Drive
                  Orlando, Florida 32819
                  and to another address that I found in the documents I received. just in case.

5601 Windhover Dr.
                  Orlando, Florida 32819

This is the first letter I sent them:

To whom it may concern,

We want to cancel our contract immediately with Westgate Palace L.L.C. / Westgate Resorts, Inc. to purchase a timeshare interest in the Westgate Palace; Contract/Account Number XXXXXXXXXX-XXX .We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our down payment of $XXXX US dollars. Do not make any additional charges to our credit card. Please confirm our legal rescission in writing.
                  Pursuant to Section 721.07(06), Florida Statutes, and as stated in the “Contract for Purchase and Sale” (item 4 of the terms and conditions) signed on March 12, 2014 we are entitled to ten (10) calendar days after the date we signed the contract (Contract/Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX-XXX signed on March 12,2014) to cancel any timeshare contract that we have entered into and we are therefore notifying you in writing as required by the Florida Statutes, that we are hereby cancelling the contract to purchase a timeshare at your property known as The Westgate Palace, 6145 Carrier Dr. Orlando, Florida 32819. Due to this cancellation we expect that the $XXXX (US dollars) total down payment that we paid using our credit card American Express ending in XXXX will be credited immediately upon receipt of this letter by you.
                  CC of this letter will be sent by certified mail return receipt requested to:

-Westgate Palace, L.L.C.
                  2801 Old Winter Garden Road
                  Ocoee, Florida 34761

- Westgate Palace, A time Share Resort
                  6145 Carrier Drive
                  Orlando, Florida 32819

Additionally, we are sending a written notice to Florida Investments, INC to cancel our authorization to debit our VISA credit card ending in XXXX.
                  -Central Florida Investments, Inc.
                  Corporate Headquarters
                  5601 Windhover Dr.
                  Orlando, Florida 32819

To clarify and confirm one more time, we want to cancel our timeshare contract immediately. Please provide us with a written response showing you have received this letter within the rescission period to our address on file: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Additionally, please provide us with the information we will require to receive our down payment back.

Please, any advise will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
                  Do yourself a huge favor and do not call these weasels under any circumstances; phone conversation is completely meaningless anyhow, legally speaking. In addition, you would only unnecessarily subject yourself to their desperate attempts to now try to "sweeten the deal" and salvage the sale (...and their commission). There is little or no real value to a Westgate developer-direct purchase, so there is really no sufficient "sweetening" even humanly possible, truth be told.

Also, know in advance that they will call you, desperate to "salvage the sale". Do not take the call and do not speak to them. Let the law do its' work for you and stay as far away from Westgate as humanly possible, now and in the future. Westgate is simply "the worst of the worst" in the entire U.S. timeshare industry, in my personal opinion. That particular opinion is shared by many, many others as well, here and elsewhere.

State law requires Westgate to process a timely, properly submitted rescission. They have no other option and no other choice, so there is no point in contacting them to "ask" if they are processing your rescission. They must do so. Period, amen. End of story.

Congratulations. You are avoiding a terrible mistake. :clap:

P.S. The Ocoee, FL address is the correct one to use. There is no harm in using the other addresses as well, but no benefit or reason to do so either.

P.P.S. You should also contact your credit card company to notify them of a pending disputed charge.
                  Know too in advance that it could conceivably take Westgate up to 45 days to process your refund.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

good advice....would get on it immediately. You can then come back to find out how to buy a timeshare, if you wish, at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

Thanks all who offered advice...will be sending out my documentation tomorrow. Its day 5 within the 10 day period...I assume the post mark will ensure it falls within the FS guideline.
                      I'm assuming I should expect phone calls once they have received my letter ??

Comment

Originally posted by RJ67 View Post
                        Thanks all who offered advice...will be sending out my documentation tomorrow. Its day 5 within the 10 day period...I assume the post mark will ensure it falls within the FS guideline.
                        I'm assuming I should expect phone calls once they have received my letter ??
                        Yes, they will likely call and try to get you to change your mind. Do not take the calls.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

Papers are in the mail...now just a waiting game.

Thanks everyone for your help....nice to see helpful people out there when needed.

Comment

Glad that's done. Now stick around and do some research to see if timesharing is really for you, and where you might want to own at a reasonable price.

Welcome to the 4Ms

Comment

I want to thank you for your help! I'm also in the same situation - no help from Westgate (I knew they wouldn't be helpful) no info on documents to cancel and no address listed. I was at a loss- came across this website and got useful information. My documents were sent to 3 different addresses - overkill but I want my documents there! So far 1 signed, 2 sitting at post office- even though they had physical addresses! It sounds great when your sitting at their table but then reality set in- I was so nervous! With this website - I feel a sense of relief and hopeful that things will get resolved!

Comment

Working...
                              X