Cape Town running out of water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Town running out of water

Severe drought has led to extreme measures to reduce water usage, but if things don't change weather wise Cape Town will soon be out of water. I once owned a week there.

https://learningenglish.voanews.com/...e/4214083.html

We met someone that lived there and was trying to get us to buy a home there,
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

S.A. should have thought about this before they tossed out the people that knew how to run things. Im pretty certain that if S.A. was managed by the old management team they would have taken measures like desalination to prevent this water crisis.

Comment

Bill the problem is a long drought.

Comment

So the fix is rain ? I read that SA wasn't going to getting much rain because of climate change. Maybe they should move to the USA.

Comment

They can deny it where they are, or move here to see it's happening here too.

I hear Paris has running water.

Comment

Cape town's water problem has gotten better. Reservoirs were at 70% in September, 2018 and water restrictions have been reduced or ended.

Comment

I almost thought this post was from last year. My sil and bil were on a trip last year and spent a few days in Capetown. They were worried about running out of water then.

- - - Updated - - -

I almost thought this post was from last year. My sil and bil were on a trip last year and spent a few days in Capetown. They were worried about running out of water then.
                Luanne

Comment

Thought it might be nice to update the situation in case anyone was thinking of going there.

Comment

Some of my family went to SA on a trip to tour parts of Africa. They say the best part of this trip was Amsterdam and not really Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                      Some of my family went to SA on a trip to tour parts of Africa. They say the best part of this trip was Amsterdam and not really Africa.
                      This sounds like the trip my sil and bil took. They started in Amsterdam, but then went to South Africa, stayed in Cape Town, then on to Namibia. But they love Africa. They've been several times to various areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                      This sounds like the trip my sil and bil took. They started in Amsterdam, but then went to South Africa, stayed in Cape Town, then on to Namibia. But they love Africa. They've been several times to various areas.
                      Luanne

Comment

Working...
                      X