Sudwala refurbishment levy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudwala refurbishment levy?

We received 2 emails yesterday - one with an amount equivalent to the yearly levy for 2012 that was listed as a refurbishment levy, and the other, the actual levy.
    After emailing back asking what this refurbishment levy is, I received another email today stating that the other email was incorrect and that the correct amount for the refurbishment levy will be sent shortly. See below.

"Dear MemberWe would like to alert you that we have experienced a technical anomaly which, most regrettably, has led to us issuing you with a pro forma statement / invoice, in respect of your Refurbishment Contribution, which reflects an incorrect amount.Please accept our sincere apologies; we are rectifying the situation as a matter of urgency. Please be so kind as to disregard the pro forma statement / invoice received, you will receive the correct one shortly.We are grateful for your understanding and for accommodating our intention to make amends, as a matter of priority.Yours sincerelyRoyal Hospitality Services"
    This leaves me with an uneasy feeling. In the past and for a number of years, our other S.A. timeshare kept charging us relatively high extra levies. We finally had enough and are in the process of selling it back to the resort.
    Just hope we don't have to sell Sudwala also since we've enjoyed using it for trading thus far.

With the change of management, I hope they don't see owners as cash cows.
    Syd

I got rid of my Sudwala and my other SA week last year. Someone bought a lot of of Sudwala units. My concern is that they have controlling interest now. And the special assessment may be their way of either making some extra $$, or getting remaining owners to give up their weeks. What a shame. It was so good while it lasted.

Comment

I'm so out of the loop as had no idea that someone was buying up the Sudwalas.
      If it is indeed the case that the extra levies are staying, I think I'll get rid of our Sudwala too. Shame as we always thought we'd visit one day but I guess if we ever do, we can always rent.
      Syd

Comment

I've shed my SA weeks. They were great for a while, but we really knew it couldn't last.

Comment

They sent a revised amount, even higher - 2799 rand. Feels like they're trying to print money.
          Syd

Comment

$ 316 US and change.

Comment

If you want to read more about what has been happening at Sudwala, check out the TUGBBS board. Even if not registered, you can read the postings and it will save repeating a lot of information here.

I am an owner at Sudwala and have visited the resort on a number of occasions, meeting up with Niky and her husband Cameron. Niky sold her management company to another management company called VRS - she and Cameron wanted to move on to do other things. They were involved with upgrading the resort as much as they could with the levies that were collected but progress was slow. Since the AGM in 2012, the Board of directors for the resort have decided that they want to complete the refurbishment of all units and to redevelop some of the resort facilities (which are in need of modernisation!!). There has been a lack of communication between new company and the international owners (at least, not sure how well SA owners have been kept informed) and this has caused problems. Refurbishment levy requests were sent out with no explanation, but there is leaflet that should have been sent out to all members explaining the refurbishment plans. As far as I know, this has been sent out recently for those that did not receive it first time round. The refurb levy is a one-off in order to get all the refurbishment done this year.

Some Sudwala units may have been bought up by another company but there have always been other companies involved with Sudwala. South African timeshare clubs, such as QVC, have always had a large share in the Sudwala units, and it may well have been one of the clubs that are buying up extra units for the use of their members. There is no takeover going on!!

Hope that is of some help.

SB

Comment

Originally posted by Suebe42 View Post
                If you want to read more about what has been happening at Sudwala, check out the TUGBBS board. Even if not registered, you can read the postings and it will save repeating a lot of information here.

I am an owner at Sudwala and have visited the resort on a number of occasions, meeting up with Niky and her husband Cameron. Niky sold her management company to another management company called VRS - she and Cameron wanted to move on to do other things. They were involved with upgrading the resort as much as they could with the levies that were collected but progress was slow. Since the AGM in 2012, the Board of directors for the resort have decided that they want to complete the refurbishment of all units and to redevelop some of the resort facilities (which are in need of modernisation!!). There has been a lack of communication between new company and the international owners (at least, not sure how well SA owners have been kept informed) and this has caused problems. Refurbishment levy requests were sent out with no explanation, but there is leaflet that should have been sent out to all members explaining the refurbishment plans. As far as I know, this has been sent out recently for those that did not receive it first time round. The refurb levy is a one-off in order to get all the refurbishment done this year.

Some Sudwala units may have been bought up by another company but there have always been other companies involved with Sudwala. South African timeshare clubs, such as QVC, have always had a large share in the Sudwala units, and it may well have been one of the clubs that are buying up extra units for the use of their members. There is no takeover going on!!

Hope that is of some help.

SB
                Here is the link for the other thread
                http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthr...hlight=sudwala
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks, I have read it but still not much news. It seems people aren't sure what to do still.
                  Syd

Comment

They passed our info onto a contact who has agreed to take over the timeshare and pay this year's levy & refurbishment fee. The process of transferring ownership has started.
                    We're also in the final stage of transferring ownership of our other SA timeshare. After these transfers are complete, that'll be both our SA timeshares gone. It was good while it lasted.
                    Syd

Comment

Working...
                    X