No announcement yet.

What price to rent Mayan Palace Weeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What price to rent Mayan Palace Weeks?

My husband has a 'senior certificate' for 6 two bedroom Mayan Regency weeks (48 week per year contract).

I believe 'Mayan Regency' is a term they created to sell an upgrade to Mayan Palace when it is not upgraded to Grand Mayan.

'Senior Certificates' mean that NO MAINTENANCE (REGISTER weeks only) is required to be paid as long as the 'senior certificate' owner checks in. "Over 77 = no maintenance; over 75 = half maintenance." I believe they choose 77 as the average American supposedly lived to 77 when he purchased these in 2007. They might have discontinued the program since.

Our contract is sometimes referred to as "6 + 6" meaning he has six 'register' and six 'fair' weeks.

We have never bothered with the 6 'FAIR weeks.' To make a 'fair week' reservation we need to pay maintenance first. While the reservation can be changed 30 days in advance of check-in, I don't believe it is refundable. If I don't get the money up front and am stuck with a reservation, I'd have to bank it before year end.

If we can rent the weeks for more than $640 (the maintenance fee) without too much trouble it would be worth it.

I am hoping others have advice on what these weeks usually rent for. I have seen really high prices but I wonder if owners really got that amount.

We rented the 'lock off' portion of our two bedroom last Christmas/New Years for $65 a day at MP Maya Riviera. We got $455 for 7 days and the couple were able to check in/check out on what were not normally check in days since we were there for 8 weeks and didn't have anyone before or after. This allowed them to get cheaper airfare. When the wife first called me she said her didn't think that rate could be found North of Tulum. That was a clue that I advertised less than I could have gotten. But I had the ads up beginning in October and it wasn't until December that serious inquiries came. Then there were at least 12 people asking for Christmas/NY weeks at the same time.
    My Website Link Oked by BF

To: 'flexible'

We are Mayan owners at Nuevo Vallarta. I am very interested in the Seniors Certificate but need to hear from another owner...Could you please email me direct at rsmor48@hotmail.com?

Roger(RSMOR)

Comment

Originally posted by flexible View Post
      My husband has a 'senior certificate' for 6 two bedroom Mayan Regency weeks (48 week per year contract).

I believe 'Mayan Regency' is a term they created to sell an upgrade to Mayan Palace when it is not upgraded to Grand Mayan.

'Senior Certificates' mean that NO MAINTENANCE (REGISTER weeks only) is required to be paid as long as the 'senior certificate' owner checks in. "Over 77 = no maintenance; over 75 = half maintenance." I believe they choose 77 as the average American supposedly lived to 77 when he purchased these in 2007. They might have discontinued the program since.

Our contract is sometimes referred to as "6 + 6" meaning he has six 'register' and six 'fair' weeks.

We have never bothered with the 6 'FAIR weeks.' To make a 'fair week' reservation we need to pay maintenance first. While the reservation can be changed 30 days in advance of check-in, I don't believe it is refundable. If I don't get the money up front and am stuck with a reservation, I'd have to bank it before year end.

If we can rent the weeks for more than $640 (the maintenance fee) without too much trouble it would be worth it.

I am hoping others have advice on what these weeks usually rent for. I have seen really high prices but I wonder if owners really got that amount.

We rented the 'lock off' portion of our two bedroom last Christmas/New Years for $65 a day at MP Maya Riviera. We got $455 for 7 days and the couple were able to check in/check out on what were not normally check in days since we were there for 8 weeks and didn't have anyone before or after. This allowed them to get cheaper airfare. When the wife first called me she said her didn't think that rate could be found North of Tulum. That was a clue that I advertised less than I could have gotten. But I had the ads up beginning in October and it wasn't until December that serious inquiries came. Then there were at least 12 people asking for Christmas/NY weeks at the same time.

i can rent your weeks how much are your maintenance now?

Comment

Your responding to a two year old post, so you are most likely not going to receive a response.

Originally posted by celperf
        i can rent your weeks how much are your maintenance now?

Comment

Working...
        X