Mayan Palace transfer fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayan Palace transfer fee

We've owned Mayan Palace since 2002. We want to trade it in and they want $1300 to transfer ownership. This seems excessive and wondered if anyone else has transfered and how much they had to pay.

I've heard reports of them charging 10% of the original price on the newer contracts. Have you checked your membership paperwork to see what it calls for.

Comment

Once I wrote a resale contract for an owner who had purchased three presidential units at the same time.. When we tried to split the contract and sell one interval- they asked for more than $9,000.

Unfortunately with that program, often the transfer fee ends up far higher than the resale value.. Your best choice would be to try and use the ownership as much as possible. That may be the only way to get any value from it..
      my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
      ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Grupo Mayan Transfer Fees

We own several Mayan Palace and Grand Mayan contracts and have 3 different types of contracts. Your contract will state what the transfer fees are.

Before August 2002, transfer fees were the cost of Maintenance fees for the current year. We bought our original one in 1999, so if we were to sell it, the transfer cost is equal to this year's maintenance fee.

From August 2002 - November 2005, it was 10% of the original purchase price. That is where yours fits in - you must have paid about $13,000 in 2002. We bought a resale that fell into that category. We bought this one fairly cheaply since we had to pay the 10% for transfers.

In late 2005, the transfer fees changed to 5X the current year's maintenance fees. (This was not long before we upgraded to two GM 2-bedroom units in April 2006.) Since this has the no pay unless we go feature, we have no plans to ever sell it anyway, so we were OK with this. It does make it more difficult to sell your unit for more than $1 whenever you want too.

The newest contracts are probably different - I just know about the ones we have.
        Phyllis

Comment

Working...
        X