Grand Mayan Riviera Maya grocery shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Mayan Riviera Maya grocery shopping

Can you tell me what to expect at the grocery store onsite at the GM RM? D they have staples like milk, eggs, bread, beer? I expect to pay more for convenience but not triple. For example, the Gran Melia, where we are currently at, charges $12 US for a medium size bag of chips! I know I can go to Playa del Carmen to shop but that will add about $40 RT to the bill for the taxi. We are in Cancun right now and I plan to bring some groceries with me, but certainly not everything we will need for 6 adults.
    Thanks for your help.

Yes to the staples though i don't remember about beer.

I did go into town by their van service - it was much cheaper, I'm thinking about $6 each way but not sure.... If you've got 6 people for a week, it might really pay to go to the Wal-Mart in Playa to buy things rather than relying on the store onsite.

Comment

I am sure we will go into town, but I just don't want to have to go immediately. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by bellesgirl View Post
        Can you tell me what to expect at the grocery store onsite at the GM RM? D they have staples like milk, eggs, bread, beer? I expect to pay more for convenience but not triple. For example, the Gran Melia, where we are currently at, charges $12 US for a medium size bag of chips! I know I can go to Playa del Carmen to shop but that will add about $40 RT to the bill for the taxi. We are in Cancun right now and I plan to bring some groceries with me, but certainly not everything we will need for 6 adults.
        Thanks for your help.
        You might want to take the bus to Walmart? in Cancun and taxi back with your supplies...then u can pick up incidentals at the resort mini-mart.
        You are VERY isolated on the Riviera Maya GM.
        As Irene said, the resort store has staples.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

The onsite store at the GM does have all the basics like milk, bread, cereal, eggs, etc. We don't drink adult beverages so I don't know about beer. I know they do sell liquor because there was a group sitting next to us at the pool that brought a bunch to the pool from the store. The prices are higher but not outrageous. They do have a deli as well where they have fresh bakery goods, deli sandwiches, etc. The sandwiches and bakery goodies are pretty good and quite reasonable.
          John

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, there is some beer (there is definitely wine!). As previously mentioned, when you venture out you can take a taxi or the shuttle to Walmart or Mega in Playa del Carmen. Better yet, take a taxi to the Mega in Puerto Morelos. I think it's slightly closer.

Comment

Working...
            X