CLub Regina - new fees??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLub Regina - new fees??

We just got this notice - we leave in 2 weeks. Not a deal breaker but certainly annoying. Is this really new or is RCI just getting around to letting us know?

The staff at RVC’s Club Regina Puerto Vallarta notified us that effective immediately, they have implemented a fee for the use of some of their amenities. Please know that these fees will only be charged to those guests who choose to use these facilities. The fees are as follows:

Gym facilities per person, per day: USD $7
    Tennis court day time (per hour): USD $20
    Tennis court lighted (per hour): USD $25

These amenities can be purchased by obtaining a voucher from the front desk. The charges will then be applied to the room bill. Please be aware that these fees are subject to change without prior notice.

Tripadvisor info

I saw this on Tripadvisor - does anyone have any more info on this?

Be warned - in late December Raintree formally ended its association with the Westin, so we were treated to watching wire fences and new walls being built to separate the Club grounds from those of the hotel. Club pools are now limited to the two with children's activities, games, and noise, so if you planned to come for peace and quiet you might want to try somewhere else. Service in the Club restaurant was confused, with staff not knowing the menu items, and our room needed repairs to drapes and lampshades

Comment

What?

Bellesgirl, this happened to you? We're heading down at the end of the month for our annual trip.

Originally posted by bellesgirl View Post
      I saw this on Tripadvisor - does anyone have any more info on this?

Be warned - in late December Raintree formally ended its association with the Westin, so we were treated to watching wire fences and new walls being built to separate the Club grounds from those of the hotel. Club pools are now limited to the two with children's activities, games, and noise, so if you planned to come for peace and quiet you might want to try somewhere else. Service in the Club restaurant was confused, with staff not knowing the menu items, and our room needed repairs to drapes and lampshades

Comment

No, it did not happen to me - we are going next week. But I saw that review on Tripadvisor and I was wondering if it was true. I cannot find anything on the internet about it. It is bad enough that they are now imposing fees for things that used to be free, but if they are limiting access to the amenities at the hotel, that would really be a problem.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble but here are some thoughts that may help.
          You might call RCI and see if they can check on this. If this is true perhaps they can rebook you in another resort like the Mayan Palace which is right next to the Westin. RCI may already be aware of any problems and may help.
          Also take RCI's contact numbers with you I think they have a Mexico contact Number. They may be published or the RCI guide should be able to give them to you. If you encounter annoyances they may offer a solution. Remember honey catches more flies than vinegar.
          They know about the charges but maybe not the fence and the inability to use the rest of the facilities.

Comment

FYI - for those going to the Club Regina in PV. There has definitely been a divorce between Raintree and Westin. It is annoying and the fence is really stupid. But we had a great time, although my husband was not willing to pay the fees for the tennis or the gym - he normally uses both a great deal. Personally, I would think twice about going to the Westin Hotel (not the Regina) because all the good beach palapas are on the Regina side. I hope they can settle their differences, because the situation may ruin both facilities.

Comment

Bummer - my brother belongs to Club Regina. I'm sure he won't be happy.

Comment

Working...
              X