Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite European timeshares?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
    Has anyone ever stayed at Le Club Mougins, French Riviera? If so, could you give us your opinion on the resort, location, transportation, etc.

I currently have two request in with II, with various locations throughout Europe, and was thinking about adding this one, too. Also have added, the Goldstar Resort in Nice, if anyone has any info on that one. It's a limited exchange resort with II, so I don't really have much hope of pulling it. I think the odds are much better with Le Club Mougins.

Thanks for any input!
    We stayed there in 2001. We loved the town. We exchanged thru II, and got one of the units that had not yet been refurbished (renovation was on-going and II confirmed later that we should have had a refurbished unit).
    It was good enough, but we weren't happy to learn that we had been cheated.

There is a small grocery not far down the hill from the gated entrance to Club Mougins. It is very convenient. Also, we loved the medieval town and two restaurants that we found.

So far as getting around, we had no trouble doing so via car, but we had lived in Europe and knew the driving rules. We took a trip to Italy, another one along the coast in the other direction.

In summary, we enjoyed the stay, brushed-off the sales effort, loved the town, and made the most of our ability to get around by car. We would stay there again if the need arose.

Also, we were told that the train station was nearby and the bus convenient. We didn't use either.

Comment

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and were told the bus & train were convenient. That's important to me because I really prefer not driving.

Originally posted by BWolf View Post
      We stayed there in 2001. We loved the town. We exchanged thru II, and got one of the units that had not yet been refurbished (renovation was on-going and II confirmed later that we should have had a refurbished unit).
      It was good enough, but we weren't happy to learn that we had been cheated.

There is a small grocery not far down the hill from the gated entrance to Club Mougins. It is very convenient. Also, we loved the medieval town and two restaurants that we found.

So far as getting around, we had no trouble doing so via car, but we had lived in Europe and knew the driving rules. We took a trip to Italy, another one along the coast in the other direction.

In summary, we enjoyed the stay, brushed-off the sales effort, loved the town, and made the most of our ability to get around by car. We would stay there again if the need arose.

Also, we were told that the train station was nearby and the bus convenient. We didn't use either.
      Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng
        Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and were told the bus & train were convenient. That's important to me because I really prefer not driving.
        You may want to do a little research and see where you can go by train and by bus. Definitely Cannes by bus. It is straight down the road. The medieval town and various restaurants in Mougins could easily take three days to explore, perhaps more depending on what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by BWolf
          You may want to do a little research and see where you can go by train and by bus. Definitely Cannes by bus. It is straight down the road. The medieval town and various restaurants in Mougins could easily take three days to explore, perhaps more depending on what you like.
          Yup. I'll try and find some additional info on transportation in the area. If you can take a bus to Cannes, then from Cannes, it's likely that you can get a bus or train to the other towns. I'll look into it further, tho. Thanks again!
          Angela

Comment

Mougins France Transportation....From reading a few different forums, it looks like you can easily travel through the French Riviera by train up to Mouans Sartoux, and then would need to take a bus or taxi to Mougins. There are some trains that do go to Mougins, but it looks like they do not run regularly.

Bus schedule.....

The Ligne 600 bus service operates half-hourly between Cannes and Grasse, and passes through Mougins. The rather less frequent Ligne 630 runs between Cannes and Valbonne and also stops in Mougins. The stop for both buses in Cannes is at the main terminal next to the train station. (Don’t be put off by the lack of signage – they really do stop there). Neither bus goes right up to the Vieux Village, and it takes around 10 minutes to walk up the hill. Make sure you ask the driver where to alight. The Ligne 650, which runs between Mouans-Sartoux and Sophia Antipolis, does go up to the village, although it is an infrequent service, especially in off-peak hours. Go to http://www.cg06.fr for the timetables. There is a flat fare of 1€ per journey.

I'll keep on looking for more info.

edited to add:

Read another forum on transportation from Mougins (tripadvisors) and seems public transportation is doable, but driving is recommended.
            Angela

Comment

I own 90K RHC so have some experience with a few of the RHC locations. RHC owns a few Allen House RTUs but seem to do contracts with people like Citidines, etc. for certain amount of rooms.

1) Allen House - Great location and was decent enough but some wear and tear was noticable. The RTU is till 2014 so ending soon.

2) Nell Gwynn Apartments - they rented 2-3 flats in the block and was putting people in short term. no longer in the system.

3) Citidines Paris Bastille Gare de Lyon - I booked shorter weekend trips here a few times when I had points I needed to use up. Ended up I cannot go so gave twice to a friend from Holland and once to a Canadian friend in Lyon. My Dutch friend loved it and she went once with her husband and once with 3 girlfriends and had a great time both occassions. My other friend was less impressed but at the time she was living in Lyon, France with her family in a large apartment in a nice part of the city that her husband's company paid for.
              She thought it was a little small and a tad run down.

Now that RHC started charging $60 a night for NYC, Miami and some of the European locations, it is more expansive now to book some of the European weeks.

Let me know if you have more questions.
              Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Comment

Marriott Europe

Not much mention of the European Marriotts ...........at Marbella (2) ,outside Paris and Mallorca . All excellent and IMHO superior or at least on a par with the best of the US Marriotts
                G

Comment

The Marriott Marbella is certainly very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BWolf View Post
                    The Marriott Marbella is certainly very impressive.
                    Yes, I agree....I really enjoyed my stay there. I also agree with Ireland's Call, that Marbella is as nice/nicer than any Marriott here in the states. I haven't been to the others.
                    Angela

Comment

Going to miss my week at Allen House after 2014 but I still have about 500K Hilton points so I can continue after that for a while.

Cheers

Comment

I found there has been huge devaluation in high demand Hiltons (NYC, London, etc) with their anytime awards..
                        Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Comment

Working...
                        X