Morritt's Grand - Cayman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morritt's Grand - Cayman

Going there this weekend. Haven't been there for a while and wonder if there is anything new that I should be aware of.
    Good snorkeling places that you enjoy? I have been reading TESTUDO'S SNORKEL GUIDE but it's hard for me to rank the best ones.
    Which Stingray City tour we should consider? We have a group of 9 and any discount deal offered would be nice to know
    We have booked Cayman Kayaks' Sunset Tour. Really wanted to do the bioluminescent tour but alas the timing was not right
    Any other tours that we should do...please let me know.
    Thanks!

do the drift snorkel to rum point!!! amazeballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
      do the drift snorkel to rum point!!! amazeballs.
      Did this twice my last trip. Amazing! If you need directions PM Glitter, Happymum or me.

Wow, wow, wow.

Will be interesting on your take as a summer visitor.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

still looking forward to Morritts....had to cancel twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
          We have booked Cayman Kayaks' Sunset Tour. Really wanted to do the bioluminescent tour but alas the timing was not right !
          Have you contacted the tour company to ask whether they would schedule a special bioluminescent tour for you? We did, and they did it! Sometimes the dates are close enough to the cusp of when it can work and when it can't. I didn't expect it, but was glad I asked.

Comment

Good suggestion. I will call to find out...
            Pat, we always go there in summer. Last time it was the peak of crab season. Crabs were everywhere on the road, especially at night. This time we prepare to catch some.

Comment

Good suggestion. I will call to find out...
              Pat, we always go there in summer. Last time it was the peak of crab season. Crabs were everywhere on the road, especially at night. This time we prepare to catch some.
              Hmmmmmmm, I know Happymum is not a fan.
              Please be in touch about the Rum Point Drift snorkel. It was the highlight of my trip.
              You enter at the public beach inCayman Kai and drift a half mile Down and exit at Rum Point. It is great if you have two cars so you do not have to walk the half mile.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Yes drift snorkeling is one of the things we are going to do for this trip. One thing I'm not sure is how far from the shore we should stay. I hope someone else are also doing this when we try

Comment

Luckily we do plan to rent two cars for our large group!
                  BTW, staying overnight at the TownPlace Suite near IAH. Really nice hotel at very reasonable price. Leaving for Cayman at noon...

Comment

Yes drift snorkeling is one of the things we are going to do for this trip. One thing I'm not sure is how far from the shore we should stay. I hope someone else are also doing this when we try
                    There prob won't be anyone else and you need to head out fairly far. It is an easy snorkel once you're out at the reef, but not for beginners or the feint of heart bc of distance from shore.

Comment

So we will swim out to reach reef, then drift towards Rum Point? Sounds doable. Thanks!

Comment

So we will swim out to reach reef, then drift towards Rum Point? Sounds doable. Thanks!
                        Yes, that's it. And once you get to Rum Point, exit is sandy bottom and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                          There prob won't be anyone else and you need to head out fairly far. It is an easy snorkel once you're out at the reef, but not for beginners or the feint of heart bc of distance from shore.
                          Hoping Mary chimes in as she has done the swim out to the reef as well as the "middle" water where I went twice.
                          I was very happy with what I saw even though only half way from shore.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                            Hoping Mary chimes in as she has done the swim out to the reef as well as the "middle" water where I went twice.
                            I was very happy with what I saw even though only half way from shore.
                            The distance from shore comfort is really just a head game. The salt content keeps you on top of the water and the drift really does carry you where you need to go. Just keep your eye on the shore periodically so you know where you are, and follow the reef. Best thing to do if you get tired is just drift, not swim to shore.

Comment

We are here! The units are beautiful. Haven't seen the Londoner yet but I am sure it's even nicer. One thing I noticed is last time the second BR has two twin beds, this time, both of 2nd BR has King.
                              Water is a bit rough here this week, therefore clarity is not great. We went to Connolly's Cove this morning and clarity is also not as good as I remembered. Going to Sunset kayak this evening.
                              Yesterday we went to Seven Miles Beach and had lunch at the Sunshine Suites. Really enjoyed it. Food is a lot better, cheaper and more plentiful than Mimi's. Seven Miles Beach is oh so beautiful. We will head out there tomorrow again to go to Stingray City. I know it's a long way out but the Sting Ray/ Snorkeling tour offered by Ambassador Divers is cheaper than Red Sails out of Rum Point, and my guests really wanted to spend more time on Seven Miles Beach. Will report back how the tour goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X