Mansfield Country Resort Lake full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield Country Resort Lake full

This forum is too quiet so I thought I would post to let you all know that Mansfield is no longer in drought. Lake Eilden, the lake the resort is next to, is full. I have a photo of the lakeside at the resort but am not quite sure how to attach it here.
    We were just there this past July, last July, and the July before. We go there every July now for the snow up on Mt Buller. The lake has been full for the last couple of years.
    Looking forward to returning next July.
    Syd

I checked in with the people that I 'sold' my weeks to recently. They said their kids were loving being able to water ski last January and they plan to do it again this January.

Comment

Originally posted by philsfan View Post
      I checked in with the people that I 'sold' my weeks to recently. They said their kids were loving being able to water ski last January and they plan to do it again this January.
      I would love to sell or even give away my week here that is in RCI Points (can go back to "Weeks") but have no idea who to use for the closing and how much it would cost. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Carolyn
      "The recurring dreams that weave their way through my subconscious are always focused on islands that may or may not exist, but if there is a heaven for me, I am sure that it has a beach attached to it." JB

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
        We were just there this past July, last July, and the July before. We go there every July now for the snow up on Mt Buller.
        Have you signed up for Mt Buller emails? I got my reminder yesterday that there is 10 days left to purchase the early bird season pass

http://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/Pa...on-Memberships

There are only 10 days left to save on your 2014 Mt Buller Season Membership.

2014 Season Membership's are now available at the fantastic Early Bird Price of $799 for adults and $449 for students (that's kids right up to Year 12).

Mt Buller is the only Victorian resort still offering an early bird discount on 2014 passes but time is running out!

A 2014 Mt Buller Season Membership gives you more than just unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Mt Buller, it also includes:

A 5-day consecutive lift pass to one of the most famous ski areas in the world, Les 3 Vallees - France.
        a FREE 1 day lift pass at our sister resort Madarao Mountain, Japan.
        Exclusive invitations to Resort events
        Regular discounts and offers
        Plus a host of other benefits to enjoy throughout the resort
        There are only 228 days left before the 2014 winter season begins, so make sure you take advantage of this great offer while you still can.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
          I would love to sell or even give away my week here that is in RCI Points (can go back to "Weeks") but have no idea who to use for the closing and how much it would cost. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Carolyn
          It's not cheap or easy to even give it away. Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you what I know. I don't want to steer this away thread from its original idea.

Comment

Philsfan, it's fine.
            Who did you use?
            There are lawyers in Mansfield that we and others have used. It cost about $600 for lawyers + about $250 for Classic Holidays to register the new members. Usually the buyer pays all these fees.
            Syd

Comment

Here are their details below to also help others who may be interested:
              Belinda Caldow
              Secretary
              Williams Hunt
              Legal Practitioners
              24a Highett Street
              MANSFIELD VIC 3722
              Ph: 03 5775 2334
              Fax: 03 5775 1106
              Belinda was the one who handled it. Her email is belinda at williamshunt.com.au
              Syd

Comment

Originally posted by CarolF View Post
                Have you signed up for Mt Buller emails? I got my reminder yesterday that there is 10 days left to purchase the early bird season pass

http://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/Pa...on-Memberships
                No. It's not worth us buying the season pass because we'd only use it for a few days. When do you usually go Fiona? If we had more Aussie members here, we can organise a ts4ms get get-together.
                Maybe we should print off cards and leave them at resorts so more timeshare owners will know to come here to discuss their ownership and holidays? We could even do our own trades amongst ourselves if we get enough people.
                Syd

Comment

I used Williams Hunt, too. I advertised it on myresortnetwork for the costs that Williams Hunt quoted me. According to old emails the costs were $350 AU for the seller and $500 AU for the buyer. I was contacted by a guy from South Africa who had just moved with his family to a town about 2 hrs from the resort. Since he was local he agreed to handle all of the costs directly with Williams Hunt. All I had to do was sign the papers and ship them back.

The buyer was not interested in RCI at all and switched it back to weeks and as I said earlier, they use it. I was surprised that they were able to book week 52 and week 1 both last year and this year.

Some unexpected things were that your July mfs are really for the following year. My use year started in October and my July 2011 payment was for the October, 2012 points allocation. That was an unexpected 91800 points for us to use. Also, apparently we got a membership card from Classic Holidays when we originally bought the units. I have no idea what happened to that. The sale was delayed a little until I signed an affidavit saying I would not try to use it after the sale was recorded.

Comment

I realized why I thought it had been more expensive at first. I originally thought the costs were 350+500 for both buyer and seller, or 1700 total. After some further emails with Belinda I eventually figured out it was 350 for the seller and 500 for the buyer.

Comment

Thank you for this information Sydney and philsfan! Are there any popular Australian websites for timeshare resales (giveaways)? Are you quoting AUD or USD? Thanks again!
                      "The recurring dreams that weave their way through my subconscious are always focused on islands that may or may not exist, but if there is a heaven for me, I am sure that it has a beach attached to it." JB

Comment

I used myresortnetwork.com. After a month with no responses I suddenly got two inquiries in two days.

Comment

I know of 2 giveaways (a total of 4 shares) at Mansfield that resulted from this site.
                          Yes, I am quoting Au$.
                          You can list here: http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...me-Share-Deals
                          or http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...hp/81-Freebies.
                          Maybe also try Ebay AU or myresortnetwork as Philsfan suggested.
                          Which timeshare are you trying to get rid of? If it's Mansfield, I can ask a friend who might be interested. They've come with us on timeshare holidays before so might be interested in paying for legals if the timeshare is free.
                          Syd

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                            I know of 2 giveaways (a total of 4 shares) at Mansfield that resulted from this site.
                            Yes, I am quoting Au$.
                            You can list here: http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...me-Share-Deals
                            or http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...hp/81-Freebies.
                            Maybe also try Ebay AU or myresortnetwork as Philsfan suggested.
                            Which timeshare are you trying to get rid of? If it's Mansfield, I can ask a friend who might be interested. They've come with us on timeshare holidays before so might be interested in paying for legals if the timeshare is free.
                            Yes. It would be free if they pay the closing costs. It is Mansfield Thanks for checking with your friends.

Carolyn

Comment

Will email them and get back to you. Confirming that it's just 1 share?

*Ahh, they're not interested in owning. Maybe someone else will come along.
                              Sydney
                              Contributor - Bronze
                              Last edited by Sydney; 10-22-2013, 02:43 AM.
                              Syd

Comment

Working...
                              X