WTSO hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTSO hacked

WTSO sent out an e-mail this morning saying that they got hacked over the weekend. In case you've done business with them but didn't get the e-mail, I'm posting it below:

To our valued Members,

From WTSO’s inception we have taken numerous precautions to protect and keep your data secure. We discovered that over the weekend we had a brief intrusion into our site in which your email address may have been compromised. However, you can be assured that your payment information and your billing and shipping addresses remain secure. By design, it is impossible for anyone to have gained access to any credit card information because we do not keep those records in our database and for your protection use a third party processor (www.Authorize.net) to manage all credit card profiles and authorizations.

Any request for information from communications claiming to be from WTSO should be disregarded as such requests will not be legitimate. Further, we will never ask you for credit card numbers or usernames through an email request and we will not ask for your password in any situation. We will mainly communicate with you through one of the following email addresses:

now@wtso.com - our wine notification emails
    wines@wtso.com - our customer service correspondence
    info@wtso.com - event notifications (Marathons, charity events, etc.)
    announcement@wtso.com - other WTSO messages
    WTSO’s commitment to service includes your security as well as providing you great wines at extraordinary pricing. We continue our strategy of taking preemptive steps in order to maintain your security and confidence by partnering with a forensics and security firm to conduct a thorough investigation of the incident and our website. We are further examining additional measures we can take that would prevent any potential future compromise.

We remain grateful for your loyalty and acknowledge that we must strive to earn that loyalty each and every day. If you have any questions or concerns please contact customer service at wines@wtso.com.

Thank you,

Joe Arking

Founder and CEO

WTSO.com
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Would you believe this I did not buy 1 bottle in rwo years, In fact I did not even visit the site up till about 2 weeks ago. I ened up buying 2 bottles of the Diamonddea wine cause I felt it was a good deal at $45 a bottle since it goes for #150. I just then updated my CC info.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Would you believe I just now got the email
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
      X