Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to donate mine to Charity. Need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to donate mine to Charity. Need advice.

Dear Friends, Brand new to this forum, I'm hoping to learn a safe way to donate my timeshare to Charity, and receive a tax deduction as well. Any good suggestions?

First of all, you need to determine if your week is worth anything. Also, you need to know if the "so called" charity is going to charge you a fee and if they know and follow IRS rules for such contributions. If your timeshare is worth very little or nothing, you could always offer it free in our freebie forum. To start with tell us what you have.

Comment

Here's what I've got.

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
      First of all, you need to determine if your week is worth anything. Also, you need to know if the "so called" charity is going to charge you a fee and if they know and follow IRS rules for such contributions. If your timeshare is worth very little or nothing, you could always offer it free in our freebie forum. To start with tell us what you have.
      Tony, Thanks for the clarification. What I have is; one week at Riverview resorts in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts near Hyannis. 1 bedroom, sleeps 6-8, Deeded property and maintenance fee paid in full. Transferable RCI. membership ready for 1 week vacation.

Comment

Fixed week or floating?

Wow!!! 8's a lot of people in a 1-bedroom . . . are you sure about that?

That's 2 in the bedroom and 6 in the living room.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

And what week #?

Comment

I've been there- it is a converted motel and a small resort and I think your unit is a former 2 hotel room conversion. The only weeks there worth anything are from mid June thru September, with July and August being the best. Being unaware of fees and current conditions and having no idea of what resales are going for-I cannot estimate a value at this time.

Comment

Need a place to market your time share?

I have a link where you can list your timeshare for free

Comment

Working...
              X