X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2013

Anyone been to or going to
    MNSSHP party this season?

What was/is your strategy for how you’ll spend your time at the party so that you can avoid lines as much as possible and see more of the Halloween holiday attractions and parades.

Any favorite
    Special character meet-and-greets?

Did you or do you plan to have your picture taken at
    Town Square a free photo opportunity with stacks of
    pumpkins framing a view of Cinderella Castle.

How much are the exclusive Disney World party
    MNSSHP T-Shirts & party pins in The Emporium?

Dates Still Available - October 2013
    14, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31.
    Party hours are from 7 pm to midnight.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
    requires a separate ticket. Prices vary.

Discounted military tickets are available at all
    Vacation Planning & Guest Relations locations.

What is your opinion regarding
    The Disney Photo Pass?

www.disneyphotopass.com
    Marti
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by Marti; 10-11-2013, 10:45 PM.

I've gone to the one in Disneyland, CA for the last 3 years for my daughter's birthday. I understand the one in Florida is much better as it includes a parade.
    SInce I've been there specifically for my daughter's bday, I have just followed her around the whole time. She is very disorganized. For example, we had to stand in line for 45 minutes so she could get her picture taken with a character. The fireworks went off during that time, but we couldn't really see them from where we were.
    My son and I have a pact that we won't for her birthday again. We probably will never go again, but I just haven't seen it worth it.
    People make a big deal about getting free candy. For $50./each, we could get a lot more candy at the store.

Photopass has worked well for me in the past. We often don't carry a camera and having someone at the park take pics of us together and then we can order them later works well. I have a coffee mug and a Christmas ornament from photopass a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Marti View Post
      What was/is your strategy for how you’ll spend your time at the party so that you can avoid lines as much as possible and see more of the Halloween holiday attractions and parades.
      Easy WDW gets great reviews when it comes to scheduling that sort of thing; we haven't done any of the parties but this is the site I use for my trips. This post gives a through over-view of the Halloween Party, and advice on how to accomplish the most of what you want to do. There's no way to do everything in one night, especially if you want to do a lot of the rare characters, and he doesn't cover absolutely everything, but he gets close!

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...-tickets-more/

How much are the exclusive Disney World party
      MNSSHP T-Shirts & party pins in The Emporium?
      I don't know if they kick up the prices for X-Large, but even if they do this should still give you a rough price range:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...s-merchandise/

Pin pricing is tougher to figure out with this post because they're coded on the back and he only has a picture of the full display, but generally the lower prices are for the simpler pins, and the more layers of "stuff" the more expensive the pin is (pin-on-pin is more expensive than a regular pin; pin-on-pin with a spinny more expensive than either; limited edition pin-on-pin with a spinny the most expensive of all). I think there's also some variation in prices according to popularity or characters or something as well, and I've never seen a Holiday pin for less than $9.95 in the parks. One Halloween pin this year started out at $50! Then dropped to $25 before it sold out.

What is your opinion regarding
      The Disney Photo Pass?
      We don't care about getting pictures of everyone together so we've never used it. I have friends who swear by it, and friends who swear at it. The photographers are not trained; a good percentage of them clearly like photography and know what they're doing, most of them are fine, but every once in a while there's someone who hasn't a clue, and some people have had the misfortune of running across a lot of those (or enough of them at crucial points) to swear off the whole thing. Others who've tried it thought their own pictures mostly turned out better so didn't think it worth it. Some of the Photo Pass photographers will set their subjects up for special pictures, where they'll have someone pretend to be cuddling a baby and insert Baby Simba, or pointing at the ground in horror and they'll insert Stitch bursting through it or whatever, and you can chose various Disney frames and otherwise Disney-fy your photos before you print/download them; most Photo Pass fans love that sort of thing, while those who decide it's not worth the money tend not to care.

Comment

Working...
      X