Bonds hits No. 723, gets ejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds hits No. 723, gets ejected

What a game, bottom of the ninth umpire Ron Kulpa kicks out Barry Bonds. We were right behind first base; everybody was throwing anything they had onto the field. Everyone went crazy. I though there might be a riot, but security kept the crowd under control. I have never seen anything like that at a ball game before, but at least we were there when Barry Bonds hit homerun 723. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260804126
    What I once considered boring, I now consider paradise.
    Faust

Bonds??? Who Cares?

Outside of San Fran nobody cares about Barry's homerun chase. It's obvious to all that it was fueled by a cocktail of illegal substances. Despite the final number that Barry hangs up, coming from Atlanta, the homerun title, now and in the future, will be held by one Henry Aaron!
    Tom

Comment

Tom

It’s good to know that you can speak for the rest of the world. If I ever need any information on what the rest of the world is thinking out side the Bay Area, I will e-mail you to get the real scoop.

As for Henry Aaron there was no testing in that era.
      I wonder how that test would have turn out?
      What I once considered boring, I now consider paradise.
      Faust

Comment

Don’t forget Hank Aaron also played in the cheese state not just in the peach state.

Comment

Sorry, but I cannot get behind rooting for any of the "juicers" with home run records. They could have their own "juice-fueled home run" category, but never alongside the great ones and I don't care who they play for (even if they were BoSox). I have my doubts about Nomar, our former #5, but he doen't posses a home run record.

As for the former greats, it's hard to prove a negative, but looking at their photos gives a clearer indication.

Beags

Comment

Working...
          X