Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Heath?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/0...awks.html?rh=1

He told me last year that this is what he wanted to do and now he is.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

That is great....so sorry for his injury but it seems to have a happy outcome for him.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Wow, what a great story.
      Seattle is such a cool town.
      Too bad it's so far away.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the terrible injury but kudos to the Seahawks for keeping him and putting him on a new career path.
        Pat H

Comment

Go Seahawks!

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
            Wow, what a great story.
            Seattle is such a cool town.
            Too bad it's so far away.
            Yes it is cool. This year we had a very hot summer. I think the thermometer popped 90 degrees a couple of times.

Seahawks are also a cool team that way as well. The organization has developed a philosophy, which matches the schtick for which Pete Carroll has oft been derided, that blends in more than just what someone does on the field and focuses on the individual. I think that Pete Carroll caught some of that in Heath, and that led him (and the organization) to make that commitment.

Digressing, I think that letting Golden Tate go to free agency this year is an example of that in practice. Tate was good, but they didn't tab him as one of the key pieces as they did some other players. So as the payroll cap limits started to come into play it was easy for them to decide that they weren't going to make an offer to keep Tate around.

As the article notes, this sends a message to player. It isn't just that they are doing this for an injured player. They've gone the standard injury settlement route with other players. With Heath Schuler they are doing it for a specific injured player who embodies certain attributes.
            “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

I sent Heath a congrats Email this afternoon. He emailed me back that he rather be playing then teaching and that Teaching is not as easy as it looks. I know his family will like him better on the side lines then on the field. Even I was worrying that he would get hurt. I know his game plan last year was to retire and hopefully coach, I figured he would call it quits after getting the SB ring. I was shocked when he said he was going to try to help with a Repeat SB. So I guess I am still going to be a Seahawks fan for a few more years. Besides the Jets get me depressed.
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Sea Hawks !!

Comment

Working...
                X