No announcement yet.

OK, NOW can we get back the real refs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, NOW can we get back the real refs?

Please? That was ridiculous tonight.

Green Bay won that game (and I was even rooting for Seattle!).

NFL: You make plenty of profits. Crack open your wallet a bit and make it a fair game.

Kurt

I think they got the refs during the last woot-off. Refurbished.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post

That was a travesty of justice, although the "real" refs make some blunders, that was not defensive pass interference. Agree the Pack won that game.
      Lawren
      ------------------------
      There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by PigsDad View Post
        Please? That was ridiculous tonight.

Green Bay won that game (and I was even rooting for Seattle!).

NFL: You make plenty of profits. Crack open your wallet a bit and make it a fair game.

Kurt
        Seattle got robed in their Superbowl and now get a gift win they didn't earn. While the regular ref's make more than than their share of incorrect calls based on what we see and league statements after the fact at least there is a consistency & full grasp of the NFL convoluted rule book. This situation with the Footlocker Refs now makes it easy for me to say not one more nickle of mine goes to the NFL - not a ticket, DirectTV NFL Pass or any gear, etc. It is ruining a game I (mostly) enjoyed for well over 30 years as a season ticket holder and attendee at 6 Superbowls. All over a few dollars in their strange world of big money. It's a shame.

Comment

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2...won-that-game/

Well, I must say the Seahawk fan are honest with themselves.

I never thought that the *** would have more credibility than the NFL

Walt

Did the Seahawks come down with that game-winning touchdown?

No way! This is football blasphemy! Screw the refs! The Packers should have won! (69%, 1,072 Votes)

No, but what can you do? The replacement refs did the best the could with the replay available. (11%, 179 Votes)

Yes! It was a simultaneous catch, the refs called it, and they upheld it. (11%, 168 Votes)

Well ... if that's what the refs said, I'm all for it. Go Seahawks! (6%, 101 Votes)

Not a clue. It's inconclusive. (3%, 39 Votes)
          tennisWalt
          Super Moderator
          Last edited by tennisWalt; 09-25-2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

http://www.620wtmj.com/blogs/genemueller/171112691.html

No one likes to wake to the sound of a screaming spouse.

I did Monday night.

Not only was she screaming, she was swearing like a Teamster at the TV as the Packers/Seahawks drama played out in Seattle Monday night.

I was sleeping when it happened in real life, and had nightmares after seeing the replays.

I'm sure I'm not alone.

ESPN analysts, our radio guys and anyone with a functioning set of eyes plus a rudimentary knowledge of football rules could see Packers DB M.D. Jennings intercepted Russell Wilson's desperation heave into the end zone in the closing seconds. But instead of a pick-preserved 12-7 win, replacement refs ruled that Seattle's Golden Tate had come down with the ball instead, handing the Seahawks a 14-12 victory.

The NFL now has what it dreaded--a high profile game decided by a blown call, a decision made by men who aren't up to the speed of the contest or with it's rule book. Three weeks into a new season, it's obvious that these folks--well-meaning, honest people who have families and dreams like all of us--are in over their skis.

It's going to stay this way until either the NFL and it's regular officials cut a new deal, or we as fans stop watching, listening and ingesting this inferior swill.

Commissioner Roger Goddell is getting ripped by Cris Carter and other former players who say that the league isn't living up to it's own mantra about "protecting the shield." They're right. Situations like Monday night's undermine decades of credibility built up with fans who should be assured that, no matter how bad the initial judgment on the gridiron, the truth will eventually be served either through an on-field conference or replay.

That's no longer the case.

Former Niner QB and current ESPN analyst Steve Young walked the thinnest of tight ropes the week previous when he talked about "inelastic demand" for the league's product being the key factor in allowing the game to be played with sub-par officials. There he was, a Hall of Famer, on a cable channel that does billion-dollar business in the NFL, walking right up to a line, telling fans that if they're dumb enough to keep watching, The Shield is more than happy enough to keep serving it up. As long as we buy tickets and watch games, Goddell and company are more than willing to keep serving us hamburger while claiming it's filet.

In a perfect world, a chastened commissioner would be in front of the mikes Tuesday morning to say that he's suspending the season until the referee impasse ends. He would say that he loves the game too much and respects the fans so well that he can't, in good conscience, allow conditions that could lead to another situation like the one seen Monday night.

Players have to play. Coaches have to coach. Contracts have to be honored.

That's why NFL games will light up screens again this Sunday at noon and a nation will gorge on pigskin once again, games that will be officiated by people who've proven they aren't up to the task. The money will pour in, the beefing will continue and chances are good that another close contest may end up being settled not by the guys in uniform but by the pretenders wearing vertical stripes.

In pro wrestling, fans go to the arena knowing that what they're about to see is scripted and that the officials are "in" on the act. It's part of the contract Vince McMahon and others of his ilk have with the public that supports them--a wink and a nod arrangement that says, "You know it's fake, I know it's fake but hey--I'll show you a good time and we'll both go home happy."

If games no longer have integrity, if officials are inept and outcomes influenced by their inability to call the action or interpret the game's bylaws, what you have is what you saw Monday night--another wink and a nod arrangement in which Goddell says to fans, "You know it's crap, I know it's crap but hey--I'll show you a good time and we'll both go home happy."

Happy is the last thing Packers fans are this Tuesday morning but rest assured that, come Sunday morning, Lambeau's lots will fill and the faithful will convene, calling to order still another sell-out crowd to see a game watched by millions more at home, a contest called by pretenders who's final score could once again be the product of referee ineptitude instead of the excellence of the athletes in uniform. I'll probably be one of them right there in the seats.

And Goddell will go home happy

Comment

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2...fs-now-in-nfl/

Because of what it called “tonight’s event,” the Lingerie Football League on Monday night — after the controversial Seahawks-Packers game — released a statement saying that it fired several officiating crews that are now working as replacement refs in the NFL.

Those crews, LFL Commissioner Mitchell Mortaza said in the statement, were fired “due to … on-field incompetent officiating.”

He did not state whether one of those crews, or anyone from those crews, was officiating the Seahawks game.

Here is the entirety of Mortaza’s statement, which was posted to the LFL’s official Facebook page (and linked to by the LFL’s official Twitter account) late Monday:

Because of the LFL’s perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight’s event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games.

Comment

http://www.ksby.com/news/nfl-replace...football-game/

NFL replacement official from Santa Maria involved in controversial ending to Monday Night Football game

A replacement official from Santa Maria is at the center of a controversial ending to the Seattle Seahawks' stunning 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football.

Russell Wilson threw a disputed 24-yard touchdown to Golden Tate on the final play of the game. Wilson scrambled from the pocket and threw to the corner of the end zone as the clock expired. Tate shoved Green Bay's Sam Shields out of the way, then wrestled with M.D. Jennings for possession.

Santa Maria resident Lance Easley was the side judge on that side of the field. He was one of two officials, who ran toward the pile of players in the endzone. Easley glanced at the back line judge and ruled it a touchdown. After a lengthy review, referee Wayne Elliott came out from under the hood and announced "the ruling on the field stands" and CenturyLink Field erupted in celebration.

Both teams left the field before being brought back out to attempt the point after touchdown. The delay was nearly 10 minutes.

Easley lives and works in Santa Maria. He refs junior college and high school sporting events. Easley also is the President of the Los Padres Basketball Officials Association

Comment

http://www.slonewsday.com/2012/09/25...nt-on-twitter/

The NFL replacement referee who made the “touchdown” call that gave Seattle a win on Monday Night Football over the Green Bay Packers is easily the most unpopular person on Twitter tonight.

Santa Maria resident Lance Easley‘s address was even plastered all over Twitter and Facebook late Monday.

Below is just a snapshot of what the Twitterverse is saying about the Central Coast man, all over what was a snap judgement of a play that even ESPN’s announcers didn’t dispute as it happened.

Some of the Tweets were likely funny at the time, but many of them have gone overboard … especially knowing his personal contact information is now plastered across the web.

Pretty sad that it’s gone this far. Let’s not forget what happened to Steve Bartman folks.

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post

Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Here is a picture of what the ref is doing today

This is what the entire town of Seattle is doing right now

Comment

NFL standing by the Call http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-uph...4718--nfl.html

Comment

With 8 seconds to go, i though this game is over I am switching to Leno, then all of a sudden, that play.

Comment

If people boycotted the games, the strike would end quickly.

Comment

And to top it all off, do you know WHY we have refs from the lingerie league officiating in the NFL? What earth-shattering event lead to the lock-out? What is the totally unrealistic demand by the regular refs that caused it all??

Well, actually, nothing the refs asked for. The NFL owners want to take away the refs current pension plan and replace it with a 401K plan. The refs, on the other hand, want to keep their current pension plan. They did not go out on strike to get their way. It is the OWNERS who are on strike, locking out the refs!!

Comment

Working...
                              X