Beef Wellington recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Wellington recipe?

Does anyone have a good Beef Wellington recipe that they could share?

I'm thinking ahead to Xmas dinner, and I'd like to try Beef Wellington this year.

I usually make a Filet Mignon, but I love Beef Wellington, and would like to try something different.

I took a look on-line at various recipes, and they seem to differ a bit with various pate's and such. Also, there's pastry involved, so I'm a little hesitant.

Andy ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

I have used this one and it came out very nicely. Use a parchment sheet.

Beef Wellington
    Easy Beef Wellington - All Recipes

By: Janaan Cunningham
    "This very impressive-looking yet easy-to-make dish can be made ahead. Just finish the baking process when your guests arrive. --Janaan Cunningham

Rating: Read Reviews (6)

Prep Time:
    45 MinCook Time:
    40 MinReady In:
    1 Hr 25 Min
    Servings (Help)

US
    Metric Calculate

Original Recipe Yield 12 servings
    Ingredients
    1 (4 pound) beef tenderloin
    MADEIRA SAUCE:
    2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed beef consomme, undiluted
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
    2 tablespoons butter, softened
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup Madeira wine
    FILLING:
    2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
    4 shallots, chopped
    1/4 pound sliced deli ham, chopped
    1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
    1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
    2 tablespoons milk
    Directions
    1.Place the tenderloin in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; fold until ends of meat. Bake, uncovered, at 475 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
    2.For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the consomme, tomato paste and bouillon granules. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups. Combine butter and flour. Stir into sauce, a teaspoon at a time. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in wine and set aside.
    3.For the filling, in a large skillet, combine the mushrooms, shallots, ham and 2 tablespoons Madeira sauce. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes longer or until liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
    4.On a lightly floured surface, unfold one puff pastry sheet; cut lengthwise along one fold line, forming two rectangles. Cut smaller rectangle into a 6-in. x 3-in. rectangle; use remaining piece for decorations if desired. Moisten a 6-in. edge of large rectangle with water. Attach smaller rectangle along that edge, pressing lightly to seal. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
    5.Spread half of the filling down the center of pastry. Place the tenderloin on the filling. Spread the remaining filling over the top of meat. Roll out remaining puff pastry into a rectangle 8 in. wide and 5 in. longer that the tenderloin; place over the meat. Brush pastry edges with milk; fold edges under meat.
    6.Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes (meat will be medium); cover lightly with foil if needed. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Rewarm Madeira sauce if necessary. Serve with tenderloin
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Thanks Lawren!

The recipe looks good, and knowing that you've tried, and liked it makes a big difference to me.

I love that it has ham in the filling. I will use Prosciutto, because that always adds lots of flavor.
      Angela

Comment

If you do not mind spending this place has the best meat money can buy Beef Wellington Roast
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
          If you do not mind spending this place has the best meat money can buy Beef Wellington Roast
          Thanks Frank.....I'll keep that in mind just in case I wind up freaking out, and decide to fake making the Beef Wellington.
          Angela

Comment

I just had a pre-Thanksgiving party this past Saturday. Among the appetizers I served were "mini Beef Wellingtons." They were pupu sized, but I just put them in the oven for 30 minutes, and everyone was raving about how good they were. You can buy them frozen at Costco, and focus on other stuff for your homemade things.

Comment

I am intimidated by the pastry part -- it sounds like the kind of thing I'd like to see demonstrated before trying it myself.

Hoc, you have me considering a trip to Costco... I need appies for Christmas...

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello
                Hoc, you have me considering a trip to Costco... I need appies for Christmas...
                You should definitely consider it. This was a food orgy, with 14 guests, everyone brought their best dish, and we made things like homemade spicy olives, tortilla espanol, all kinds of comfort foods (turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole), and other guests brought all kinds of food, including homemade tamales and the like. But these appetizers held their own, and some thought they were the best thing there.

I made a Bearnaise Dip by making a Bearnaise Sauce and then adding sour cream, parsley and tarragon, but a lot of folks ate them without the dip.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                  Wow, Frank. $159 for a 3-lb. roast, and no satisfaction guarantee. I'm willing to take a risk with Omaha Steaks because of their satisfaction guarantee. I've used that a few times, but will always try new stuff with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoc View Post
                    Wow, Frank. $159 for a 3-lb. roast, and no satisfaction guarantee. I'm willing to take a risk with Omaha Steaks because of their satisfaction guarantee. I've used that a few times, but will always try new stuff with them.
                    They do have some kind of guarantee, I had a small problem with an order and they were very helpfull.
                    Refunds and Return Policy

BTW thery sell Prime aged and Kobe beef and they sell to some of the top steak houses like Morton's
                    Who's serving Allen Brothers

But if you like an aged steak at a good price I love the 16 oz bone in rib eye from Bone-In Rib Eye, Bone-In, Rib Eye, USDA Choice-Chicago Steak Company if you place an order ask for Mat and tell him bigfrank sent you. He will take better care of you
                    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                    X