Second one in the arm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second one in the arm.

I have had my second Covid Vaccine today. I had the Pfizer version, my wife had her second with Moderna yesterday. She said that today it feels like her arm is going to fall off.

Hopefully I won't get the fever that sometimes is a side effect. Fingers crossed.
    Don

good luck but keep in mind it takes about 2 weeks to fully kick in, I have had 2 friends get the shot and 10 days later they both had covid. So please continue to wear masks and stay safe
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

A lot of people seem to forget that the vaccine is only 95% effective. Getting a bit sick after the second shot is supposed to be a sign that the vaccine was effective. At any rate, Frank is right - keep wearing the mask and social distance. Our daily state rate of infection is now around 2% now and I hope it keeps there or even less. I go out once a week for groceries and other that that only for medical appointments. Next week I may get a haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
        A lot of people seem to forget that the vaccine is only 95% effective. Getting a bit sick after the second shot is supposed to be a sign that the vaccine was effective. At any rate, Frank is right - keep wearing the mask and social distance. Our daily state rate of infection is now around 2% now and I hope it keeps there or even less. I go out once a week for groceries and other that that only for medical appointments. Next week I may get a haircut.
        If you need food try Amazon Fresh or many big chain stores deliver, My wife uses instacart, I bought a hair trimmer, My wife does a good job cutting my hair

Comment

If you need food try Amazon Fresh or many big chain stores deliver, My wife uses instacart, I bought a hair trimmer, My wife does a good job cutting my hair

Comment

The basic flu shot is only about 67 percent effective, so I feel pretty good about 95%. Yes, I will still wear my mask, but I certainly feel better having both injections.
            Don

Comment

Got my second one today.

Comment

The doctors office said they would call when we can get the shots. I'm not sure they ever will. Really, it doesn't matter to me anyway. I read that the covid 19 will be over by the end of April for the most part.

Comment

Don't believe everything you read. I don't expect a return to near normal until late June and then only if there are no glitches or serious mutations. We may be wearing masks until 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                    The doctors office said they would call when we can get the shots. I'm not sure they ever will. Really, it doesn't matter to me anyway. I read that the covid 19 will be over by the end of April for the most part.
                    I would like to take the opposite side of that bet.
                    Don

Comment

Don't believe everything you read. I don't expect a return to near normal until late June and then only if there are no glitches or serious mutations. We may be wearing masks until 2022.
                      What would be normal I wonder. I kind of like restaurant workers wearing masks. Our area was one of the first hit in the USA and it looks like we are officially in phase 2. Supposedly we have 4 or 5 variants in our area. Did everyone here get the shot yet ? I read that a shipment finally made it over but no one knows what to do.

Comment

I've gotten the first shot and am scheduled for the second one on March 9.

Comment

Technically, since our grand daughter and her husband moved back to our house and we are over 50 we qualify for the vaccine. Over here you have to be 65 to get the shot unless you are a health care worker. I'm in no hurry. I kind of hope the Johnson shot becomes available in our area by the time we can get the shot. 1 shot seems better than 2.

Comment

no hurry. I kind of hope the Johnson shot becomes available in our area by the time we can get the shot. 1 shot seems better than 2.
                            Sounds painful.

Comment

no hurry. I kind of hope the Johnson shot becomes available in our area by the time we can get the shot. 1 shot seems better than 2.
                              Sounds painful.

Comment

Working...
                              X