Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The librarian helped me, first one, then the head librarian. it took over an hour but we got it to load on the Kindle

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Weekend-Oregon...159936011_f_17

Road Trip Weekend, Oregon Central Coast: A Photo Adventure eBook (Road Trip Series Photo Adventures) [Kindle Edition]
      Cat McMahon (Author)
      Be the first to review this item
      Digital List Price: $2.99 What's this?
      Kindle Price: $0.00 includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet
      You Save: $2.99 (100%)
      Length: 161 pages (estimated)
      Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
      Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here.
      Best Books of the Month
      Looking for something good to read? Browse our editors' picks for the Best Books of the Month in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, romance, and much more.
      Book Description
      Publication Date: July 12, 2013
      The first book in the Road Trip Series photo adventures by Cat McMahon, Road Trip Weekend, Oregon, Central Coast, features photos, rustic clipart and commentary highlighting family memories of spectacular sights, tantalizing tastes and cozy getaways from Lincoln City to Yachats. Vicarious travelers will enjoy an armchair tour of one of the most scenic coast lines in the world through the eyes of Cat and her family. As a travel guide, explorers can use Cat's book as a jumping off point to create their own weekend adventure to the Oregon Central Coast.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Manuel-Antonio...159936011_f_11

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Travel Guide: The Best of Manuel Antonio & Quepos, 2013 [Kindle Edition]
        Evelyn Gallardo (Author)
        Be the first to review this item
        Digital List Price: $1.99 What's this?
        Print List Price: $12.62
        Kindle Price: $0.00 includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet
        You Save: $12.62 (100%)
        Length: 160 pages (estimated)
        Don't have a Kindle? Get your Kindle here.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Dixie-A-Journe..._159936011_f_6

Book Description
          Publication Date: July 12, 2013
          If you are thinking of planning a trip to the Southern United States, or are looking for inspiration for a different kind of holiday experience altogether, then Dixie – A Journey of Discovery is the just the book you are looking for. You will find it is very difficult to lay your hands on any other detailed information about the region. I don’t know why a travelogue or guide-book should be such rare thing, but having travelled extensively in the South myself recently, I have attempted to fill the void by providing accessible insight where there appeared to be very little.
          Dixie – A journey of Discovery presents a unique travelogue of an incredible journey through the history and culture of the Southern United States. From the Bluegrass of Kentucky, to the Jazz capital of New Orleans, this largely neglected region is blessed with an abundance of fascinating and unique attractions for you to discover along the way.
          Setting out from Lexington in Kentucky, which is widely known as ‘the horse capital of the world,’ our journey will loop around the Ozarks of Southern Missouri, through Arkansas and into Tennessee. Here, you will discover Memphis and Elvis Presley’s Graceland, as well as the fabulous ‘Music City’ of Nashville where the legends of country and western music started-out. Our next destination is the stunning Appalachians of North Carolina, before heading down into the palmetto paradise that is South Carolina, including the historic city of Charleston. We will then head-off down through Atlanta in the state of Georgia, towards the exquisite city of Savannah. Our final leg sees us heading into the deeper Southern States of Alabama and Mississippi. Our final destination is New Orleans in Louisiana – commonly referred to as ‘The Big Easy’. This is where we will search for alligators in the bayou swampland, sip Hurricanes on Bourbon Street, listen to the sounds of Dixieland Jazz, and have our fill of crawfish, jambalaya and gumbo. Wherever you are in the South, you will eat some of the most delicious food you have ever tasted in your life.

Dixie - A Journey of Discovery [Kindle Edition]
          Ron Bateman (Author)
          5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Must-See-S...159936011_f_16

Ten Must-See Sights: Rome [Kindle Edition]
            Mark Green (Author)
            4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Top-Warm-Weath...159936011_f_60

Top 10 Warm Weather Getaways: Your guide to finding the best places to escape the cold [Kindle Edition]
              Lonely Planet (Author)

Book Description
              Publication Date: February 1, 2013
              Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher

Turquoise seas, white-sand beaches, palm trees and fruity drinks - all the ingredients for a dreamy, tropical getaway. So - how to choose? Let Lonely Planet help with "Warm Weather Escapes: A travel guide for finding the perfect winter getaway." This FREE SAMPLER eBook gives you the preliminary information you need to choose the perfect escape.

Inside Warm Weather Escapes:

World map and comparison chart to help you decide on your destination
              Preview of our selected favourites - Thailand, Costa Rica, Mexico, Hawaii, Los Angeles & Southern California, Florida, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Jamaica
              Highlights - the top activities and recommendations
              'Best for...' snapshot featuring what's great about each location
              Spectacular images to inspire and help choose
              Once you make your choice, check out Lonely Planet's related eBooks for detailed recommendations and planning advice. Start your journey now.

Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet

About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.

TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category

'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times

'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CA5P8K0/...4466410_M1T1DP

Saint Lucia Island Travel Guide 2013: Attractions, Restaurants, and More... (DBH City Guides) [Kindle Edition]
                Davidsbeenhere (Author), David Hoffmann (Author)
                4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062CAUVE/...4466410_M1T1DP

Boston, Massachusetts City Travel Guide 2013: Attractions, Restaurants, and More... (DBH Mega City Guides) [Kindle Edition]
                  Davidsbeenhere (Author)
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005RPDVQS/...4466410_M1T1DP

Barcelona, Spain City Travel Guide 2013: Attractions, Restaurants, and More... (DBH Mega City Guides) [Kindle Edition]
                    Davidsbeenhere (Author), David Hoffmann (Author)
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y5QEG6/...4466410_M1T1DP

Lisbon, Portugal City Travel Guide 2013: Attractions, Restaurants, and More... (DBH Mega City Guides) [Kindle Edition]
                      David Hoffmann (Author), Davidsbeenhere (Author)
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

I found that travel books usually just don't look great on e-readers. The need to go back and forth frequently, to see maps in detail, etc. Zoom, bookmarks, highlighting, screen resolution just aren't up to the task of quick browsing.
                        So I usually print an e-book before I go somewhere. Usually 2 or 4 pages per page on both sides. As much as I hate doing this, I found this is the way to go until e-readers improve.

Reading regular books is totally different process for me, and e-readers keep up fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X