Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rapmarks: My husband fell. Post from OY

My husband fell.

My husband got up for the bathroom and fell coming back to bed. I could not get him up and had to call 911. They got him to er and unfortunately he both broke and dislocated his shoulder. And hit his head too. They could not manipulate his shoulder back in place and had to cut his shoulder to get it back in place. Unfortunately he keeps trying to move his shoulder to see if it works which is the wrong thing to do
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Thanks for update.

Comment

I am finding that now that I am close to hitting 60 that parts of the body get hurt and takes forever to recoup. I have had pain in my left shoulder for 3 weeks, I wish i know how I hurt it but with CRAFT I can't remember how I got hurt
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
        I am finding that now that I am close to hitting 60 that parts of the body get hurt and takes forever to recoup. I have had pain in my left shoulder for 3 weeks, I wish i know how I hurt it but with CRAFT I can't remember how I got hurt
        I got ten years on you.

Jets back in Seattle on Dec 13. So I guess it was eight years ago when I met you and your son in Seattle.

Comment

Looks difficult for Pat, as she appears to be dealing with a combination of Parkinson's and dementia.

Comment

Sorry to hear that about them. I have met them, only have met a few people from this group, or really any group.

I just hit 65 last week and other than one knee replaced and the other knee likely being replaced in March, I am in pretty good shape. Older, slower, but still in pretty good shape.
            Don

Comment

Sorry to hear that about them. I have met them, only have met a few people from this group, or really any group.

I just hit 65 last week and other than one knee replaced and the other knee likely being replaced in March, I am in pretty good shape. Older, slower, but still in pretty good shape.
              Don

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about this too. I don't I ever met them in all the get togthers we had: Portsmouth, NH; Providence, RI; Fairfield,CT; 2 in the Poconos, 3 in Cancun; and the one at the Marriott Custom House. We don't seem to want to do that or online chats any more. It's good to actually meet people you have known online in person. Now I wonder where have all the old timesharers gone.

I'm currently struggling with episodes of back and maybe hip problems, but I'm still in pretty good shape - tho Afib has made me older than I should be.

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
                  I got ten years on you.

Jets back in Seattle on Dec 13. So I guess it was eight years ago when I met you and your son in Seattle.
                  Yep and still to this day, this was the best trip I ever was on with my boy, BTW even though my friend is in Buffalo I still cheer for the Hawks
                  Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    I'm sorry to hear about this too. I don't I ever met them in all the get togthers we had: Portsmouth, NH; Providence, RI; Fairfield,CT; 2 in the Poconos, 3 in Cancun; and the one at the Marriott Custom House. We don't seem to want to do that or online chats any more. It's good to actually meet people you have known online in person. Now I wonder where have all the old timesharers gone.

I'm currently struggling with episodes of back and maybe hip problems, but I'm still in pretty good shape - tho Afib has made me older than I should be.
                    These fricking heart problems are a drag. I hope the meds work for your afib. I'm feeling stronger this year and have tackled a few heavy lift projects although I only like to work between 10 am and 2 pm, lol.

Comment

If you're staying up with the thread OY, the situation with Richard and Pat is quite sad. Pat has turned into caregiver, navigating through a number of issues with Richard, including dementia/Alzheimer's. She's also trying to get them relocated to Florida.

Comment

I was doing great until I hit 85. Now I have developed Afib and have a heart test tomorrow morning.
                        M. Henley

Comment

Hey Melvin, I've been worried about your absence. Welcome to the AFIB group and good luck with the test tomorrow - study hard. My former doctor says AFIB is no more than an inconvenience. Pills, electrocardiograms and annual or bi-annual echo cardiogram. It may slow you down a bit - but that's better than stopping. Good to see you back.

Comment

My hubby has been in AFIB for years. They tried all the usual, but can't keep him from going back into it.
                            Nancy
                            Platinum Contributor
                            Last edited by Nancy; 10-12-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

AFib at 85

Been looking in, time to time, but haven't had much to post.
                              However, last January we did Antarctica by cruise and made our 7th continent.
                              M. Henley

Comment

Working...
                              X