Do you keep back-up appliances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you keep back-up appliances?

I always have an extra hair dryer on hand in case mine breaks in the middle of blowing. But if I see a sale I buy back-ups for my small appliances too.
    The other day Slickdeals had a link to Kohl’s where you could get various small appliances for $3 or $7 after rebate. So last night the UPS man brought me 2 toasters, a mini chopper, a toaster oven, a can opener and an electric tea kettle. Total after rebates approx $30, but they gave me $20 in Kohl’s cash too!
    Jacki

Sounds like a good deal if you have a place to store all of that. Since we downsized in 2016, we don't do stuff like that anymore.

Comment

Much more resistant to having backup appliances than I once was. I have way too much stuff to give much space for backup appliances. I've been thinking about a new toaster oven and microwave and keeping the old ones as back-up. I have 5 working computers and one that I might fix, so I do back-up some things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
        Sounds like a good deal if you have a place to store all of that. Since we downsized in 2016, we don't do stuff like that anymore.
        We downsized also, to a 2 BR, but now we have a garage, and I am loving the extra storage space.
        Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          Much more resistant to having backup appliances than I once was. I have way too much stuff to give much space for backup appliances. I've been thinking about a new toaster oven and microwave and keeping the old ones as back-up. I have 5 working computers and one that I might fix, so I do back-up some things.
          Do you use all those computers?
          Jacki

Comment

All but one that I just use for burning CDs. Windows 95 isn't great for surfing the internet and I'm not sure if the wifi connection will work. The 2 laptops only get used on vacations and during power outages at hot spots.

Comment

I generally don't have back up appliances because I only replace them when they don't work any more.
              Luanne

Comment

With Sears going under start looking for major appliances if yours are in need to replace. pricing is falling
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

We are getting ready to retire within the next two years so have downsized and do not have room for any extras.

Comment

I do have a couple of extra hair dryers because my favorite one was discontinued and I bought replacements on eBay. I generally have an extra curling iron because you never know when those go out either. I do have 2 Crock-pots and 2 large cookers, but that is because when I need one, I tend to need 2! Whenever I cook for a crowd, I tend to need more than one. That happens a couple of times a year. With everything else, 1 is enough.
                    Phyllis

Comment

It is a good idea to have extra blow drivers but everything else. Nope. I have. All new stuff in new house. Wish me luck!
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                      X