Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 years of free OnStar basic for some Chevrolet owners

Received this email from Chevy - Currently an Inactive Account

We at Chevrolet wish you a happy and safe holiday season this year. To make your holiday travel a little more secure for you and your loved ones, we remind you to take advantage of the safety and conveniences of the OnStar® Basic Connectivity * plan. It includes features of the OnStar RemoteLink®mobile app – like the ability to remote start your car and lock or unlock your doors from your phone. In addition, you'll receive Advanced Diagnostics to help monitor your vehicle and simplify maintenance scheduling.

Starting your complimentary service is easy. Simply press the blue OnStar button in your vehicle and mention Chevrolet Owner Gratitude. Just press your blue button to activate the service by December 31, 2015. It will expire 3 years from the date of activation.

Wherever you go this holiday season and beyond, we hope you carry the security and confidence of OnStar Basic Connectivity with you.

*Offer valid until 12/31/15 for eligible 2011 or newer vehicles. Not transferable to another vehicle. Does not include emergency or security services. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.

I called in last night, and activation was painless. I get 3 months of directions (which i doubt I'll use), and 3 years of basic that will be great to use the remote app to unlock or start the car. I declined to give them a credit card, so they don't automatically bill for the renewal in three years.
    Scott

I hope it works better than it did when I last had it.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
      I hope it works better than it did when I last had it.
      Our Traverse is the second vehicle we've had it on. I've never kept it beyond the initial free period, because I didn't think it was worth the cost. In 2014 Chevy shifted to giving the basic for 5 years for free, so it seems they're reaching out to the customers that "just missed".

That being said, I will enjoy having the key fob commands available again on my iPhone to do remote start a few minutes before leaving the building during the winter.
      Scott

Comment

When we bought our Yukon, a slightly used recovered theft, in 2000, it had some stuff on it we had never seen before. There's a hands-free mic, an extra little antenna, etc.

We lived in the city and had the vehicle for quite some time when, out-of-the-blue, when I was approaching our lake house one time, a voice from somewhere said something like, "You don't have coverage in this area."

Huh!?

Still don't, and that lady has never talked to me again.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post
          That being said, I will enjoy having the key fob commands available again on my iPhone to do remote start a few minutes before leaving the building during the winter.
          Yeah, it would be nice to get the AC running.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Working...
          X