Stocks - crash or correction ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocks - crash or correction ?

Another big drop today, will it drop again tomorrow ?

We shall see. When this new president came in, I moved my 403B holdings to a fixed account (4%) until things settled down. I missed out on the big gains, but I think we were due for a correction, and I don't want to be worried about losing my retirement funds.
    Jacki

Comment

I've lost over 10K in 3 days but I think this is a correction, may take awhile but I think we'll be ok.

Comment

These swings are good for traders but probably make long term investors nervous. There is talk of a Dow 30,000 in 2018 because of the very fast growing economy, tax reform, higher earnings and deregulation. My bet is the economy will be hard to slow down in 2018 and the Feds tool of increasing the interest rates only causes minor corrections regarding the stock market.

Comment

With interest rates about to go up, IMO We are going to feel pain way before the pleasure starts again. Just look for a large rock and crawl below it, This is not ending any time soon
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Jerome Powell is the new Federal Reserve Chairman and I think he was confirmed and appointed to this position because he was the safest choice for the stock market. Interest rates were scheduled to go up at least three times in 2018 and it shouldn't have much affect on the stock market, imo, because it was announced last year.

The issue that could become a problem is banks recently scaled back on inter-bank lending, probably because of bank liquidity rules. In January the inter-bank lending dropped , as in a nose dive, to below levels of 1973.

Comment

I just looked at my husband's RMD for next year, it is 25 per cent higher than last years

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                With interest rates about to go up, IMO We are going to feel pain way before the pleasure starts again. Just look for a large rock and crawl below it, This is not ending any time soon
                Bitcoin at $6,00 the only safe play IMO is Gold, I see Gold skyrocketing

Comment

What would your advice be for a 47 year old who is invested in a 403b and a roth? Let it ride and keep contributing monthly??

Comment

Originally posted by marshalldillon View Post
                    What would your advice be for a 47 year old who is invested in a 403b and a roth? Let it ride and keep contributing monthly??
                    Personally I would suggest not asking that question on a time share site and instead consult a financial planner.
                    Luanne

Comment

IMO dollar cost avg is the best but within 5 to 10 years before retiring start pulling money out into safe fixed funds, Also if you find an investment that pays 7.25% your money will double in 10 years

also take Luannes advice speak to your planner if he has done good for you that is

Comment

I completely agree....I just wanted to see what you guys thought as well. Just adding to the discussion...

Comment

I completely agree....I just wanted to see what you guys thought as well. Just adding to the discussion...
                          At 43 you should stay the course if its a decent one. Mine has always been real estate since I was 23. I don't invest in stocks but do trade, meaning buy and sell, and the results are not bad. Sometimes bad, most of the times good. The few bad times definitely make you think twice before making a new buy. My friends that are invested in stocks are all about to retire so their portfolios reflect this. I do know many people that were not able to retire when they had planned because of the last stock crash , some are still working, some have passed away and others retired after making adjustments.

Even with the many reasons that are causing the market will slow, which it is, the market will improve this year, possibly hitting a dow 30,000. There are many reasons why this should happen and fewer reasons to think otherwise , imo.

Comment

no exact idea

Comment

Working...
                            X