X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger King to move to Canada to avoid taxes

NYSE

Burger King Worldwide Inc., up $5.29 to $32.40

The burger chain is considering a tie-up with Canada's Tim Hortons in a maneuver that could lower its U.S. tax bill substantially.

Time for a boycott ?

What's that al aboot?

What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Why not lower the tax rate ? The USA invented DTAs and now that they are working against them they want to change the rules .The UK has the same problem ... "Britannia waives the Rules " or did.
      G

Comment

The Nightly News said the issue is being addressed.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
          What's that al aboot?

What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?
          A waitress told me cunucks don't tip.

Comment

We need to lower our corporate tax rate to be competitive or more companies will do the same. Maybe if some more do this, our government will wake up though I doubt it.
            John

Comment

I love the Canadian response - We can’t sell the national bathroom to an American company.

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
                We need to lower our corporate tax rate to be competitive or more companies will do the same. Maybe if some more do this, our government will wake up though I doubt it.
                Two thumbs up!
                "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                  NYSE

Burger King Worldwide Inc., up $5.29 to $32.40

The burger chain is considering a tie-up with Canada's Tim Hortons in a maneuver that could lower its U.S. tax bill substantially.

Time for a boycott ?
                  I agree. And since we should think globally and act locally, a good place to start is by boycotting all businesses in the US that were founded by people who are part of families that fled their homeland to escape oppressive taxation and financial burdens in their native countries.
                  “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                    A waitress told me cunucks don't tip.
                    or, a canoe tips.

Comment

As a Miamian Burger King was my first job as was many here in town.
                      I'm not surprised they are trying to move abroad.
                      I was doing the Burger King University thing til I got robbed at gunpoint
                      with a full restaurant on a Saturday night.
                      That ended my BK career and glad it did.

Comment

Warren Buffett makes it interesting.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...826-story.html

Comment

Burger King is only one of many companies that use inversion to reduce their taxable income. If your answer is boycotting then you should also get rid of many other products we use daily including you apple products.

The main problem is the high corporate tax of over 35% that includes taxation of all profits made globally. The only way around this is to become a foreign owned corporation and the easiest way for a corporation to become a foreign owed entity is to purchase a foreign owned entity to become a foreign owned entity. Once a corporation is a foreign entity they are no longer subject to US corporate taxation.

Another problem is that corporations that bring their income into the USA are taxed on this income so these funds just sit overseas instead of being invested back into our economy. The way it works is a company in the USA will borrow their foreign funds instead of using their own foreign cash which creates another tax break for the company.

Eventually, some one will figure out that if you give a tax holiday to corporations so they could bring the money back into the USA and then reduce and change some of the tax regulations these companies would invest in the USA which would create a bunch of jobs, imo.

Comment

In my town BK is in last place as far as FF is concerned

Comment

that's exactly what needs to happen. If government were more business friendly, there would be no reason to leave..
                              Judy

Comment

Working...
                              X