Windows narcolepsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows narcolepsy

I'm having trouble with my windows 10(and my old windows 7) going to sleep after a minute or two of inactivity. Anyone know how to fix that so that the sleep settings will work ? I'm currently using caffiene to keep the computer and monitor alive (it's an app dowloaded from CNET).

I usually try to reboot and when that doesn't work I try a restore point and when that doesn't work I do a total restore to default and when that doesn't work I call my grand daughter and when that doesn't work I buy a new laptop. Good Luck Tony.

Comment

in windows 10, go to settings and type in power in the search bar, you will see power and sleep settings
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Done that Frank - no matter what time I set, the computer nods off after about 2 minutes of inactivity unless I open the caffeine app.

Comment

is your clock correct?
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Hmm, have you checked for any virus or malware?

Comment

AV and Malwarebytes on both computers affected.

Comment

Maybe its time to get a new one. My windows 7 laptop doesn't work well when the wifi is on. I have programs and an external hard drive that I occasionally I use on this laptop and the updates screw every thing up so I just keep the wifi off.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe its time to get a new one. My windows 7 laptop doesn't work well when the wifi is on. I have programs and an external hard drive that I occasionally I use on this laptop and the updates screw every thing up so I just keep the wifi off.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I seeing double again ?

- - - Updated - - -

Am I seeing double again ?

Comment

Working...
                  X