iPad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad ?

I am using DW's mini iPad while my techies are playing with my windows lt.

When I quit my lt, I click Start, and Shut Down.

What's the right way to quit on an iPad?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I have an iPad Mini and just click on the Home button (round bottom center) and the top button to turn off. Sometimes I do the tap tap on that button and swipe them closed. I never do the Power Off thing.
    Phyllis

Comment

Thanks.

Since posting I found the power-off slide. So, that's not necessary?

I also have noticed that all the pages I've been to are stored in the upper right hand corner. I'm used to closing a page, or site, when I'm done with it. Is that not done in the i-world.

Ps...my lt is getting a new hd.

😥
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Hopefully you are getting a SSD instead of HD. They are so much faster and less likely to fail.

Yes - the pages get stored in the top right corner, but you can tap the bottom button twice and then slide them up to clear the saved ones. I personally think that if they are even semi-open, they drain your battery, so I always get rid of them. I do not use my iPad for very many things - I prefer my laptop. I use the iPad mostly as an indoor Kindle because the pages are larger and easier to read. I do not use it outside though - reflects too much, so I use the real Kindle when outside.
        Phyllis

Comment

The kid I entrust my computer to said hard drive, and that he hoped he could clone the new one.

Comment

M. Henley

Comment

And JLB just goes on and on as usual.

Comment

and so on, and so on,,,

M. Henley

Comment

Working...
                X