If you have AOL look at this!`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have AOL look at this!`

I have been paying $7 a month for years with out using them because my wife uses her email. I know you can get a free email account with them but my wife still likes there home page. Any way I saw my CC statement and they have gotten away with charging me $10 for a few months. So I called to cancel. This is the best part I got a great AOL Rep she starts telling me stay we offer so much and she was giving me 2 free months and bringing the price back down to $7.
    Best part coming now. She said did you know that with the $7 plan you get free computer protection. Really I said what does that cover. AOL rep said any computer in the house or tablet. They will repair it or replace it or send it back broke with a $250 Check. And they pay the shipping both ways. Yahoo I just happen to have a fried laptop AOL knock you self out on this one and thank you very much. I just got there shipping box tonight. It can take 2 weeks to get it back after it ships. I will let you know what happens. I hope they give me an upgraded laptop or the $250. A cheap laptop as a spare would be nice. Also she did say it only is good for 1 claim a year so I am not sure if I am or not going to cancel after this gets resolved.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

I dropped pay AOL several years ago (after having AOL for many many years). Kept email etc., just don't have to pay anymore.

Nancy

Comment

Dumped AOL almost 10 years ago. Kept the free email address. Had a billing problem that hastened the departure.

Comment

I was going to cancel if not for the Aol rep that told me about that feature, I would have. I may cancel after I get this resolved and then get it again a year later just for the insurance. The other Reasin it is good to have is when I used to travel alot they had good internet dial up options. But now I do not travel much and 90% is wireless,
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

We dropped paying for it years ago--still have the home page and all that stuff. As far as I can see, nothing changed except they don't get money from me. Because we don't pay, I can't call them with a problem, which I used to do. Now, I'm forced to look up the problem on google and fix it myself--not a big loss.
          "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

Comment

I need to find out if EarthLink offers the same thing too. I was just about ready to dump them because I don't use any of their email boxes anymore but I hate to do it as I have some feeling of loyalty. I will never forget their penny stock as it did so well. I also like their very secure server. All my friends, who get hacked, are AOL users. I had another friend this week who sent me a letter of apology. It has never happened to me nor did they ever sell my name since 1997. That is a darn good record for an ISP. I may just keep them as I consider their service free for the rest of my life as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Working...
            X