Update on my health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my health

First of all, I miss you guys. I haven't been around in ages. I have gotten to the point where it is no longer fun to travel . Some of you know me , esp if you are an "old timer" and I was an original !! lol The new members won't. Some of you know about my health problems. Both myself, and my daughter Kelli are battling cancer. I've got CLL ( leukemia) and have been fighting if for almost 14 years. I was in remission but it came back at Thanksgiving and at Easter Kelli was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. She is working on a miracle. Stage 4 metastatic, They decided against surgery but put her on oral chemo meds . Her tumor has shrunk to were it was so big you could see it, to now you can't feel it !! . She got part of her scan redone this morning but had to reschedule the 2nd part as insurance wouldn't pay for it at this facility. WTF??? We are very anxious to hear the outcome of this.

I also have heart problems and they have decided Eliquis is not a viable long term solution ( with my cancer) so they want to do the Watchman but may have to wait until I get stronger. I have had to have 9 units of blood ( 2 at a time) and 1 in the hospital with covid. They can't figure out where I'm losing blood so scheduled for a colonoscopy /endoscopy in a couple of weeks. I had my diabetes under control but they took me off of Ozempic as I developed pancreatitis while I was in the hospital with covid for 10 days. Now I'll probably gain all my weight back !! I was enjoying the new slimmer me but hopefully it will stay off for awhile.

You all keep traveling so I can travel vicariously through you.!! Hugs and I love you all. Shaggy

I've been following you on Facebook, but it's nice that this is all in one place. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up and keep plugging away.

Comment

I have been following up on you on Facebook as well. Glad you came back here to update those who do not see your Facebook posts
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Thanks Frank & Nancy. I have a lot of wonderful memories to see me thru.

Comment

Hi Shaggy. I rarely go to facebook any more. I surely do miss those old Sunday night chats.

Comment

Me too ~~ Hope you are well

Comment

Another update: I spent thanksgiving, xmas and New Years in the hospital with Covid pneumonia. 10 to 12 days each time. Wasn't sure I was going to make it out but you know I'm too mean to die. Kelli's breast cancer has spread. She's still working and not in pain.

Comment

I've never noticed anything mean about you. Stay well !

Comment

Working...
                X