got flooded with 2 feet of water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got flooded with 2 feet of water

This last storm was a knockout, In 60 years I have never seen it this bad, All my neighbors got over 2-4 feet in their basements, The water was above my son's bed. Major damage thruout, The water in my yard was higher than the chairs with about 4 feet of water, My neighbor from 2 houses down had her front concrete drop into a giant sinkhole about 12 feet by 12 feet and 8 feet deep
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Sorry to hear, lot of damage done from this storm. Never having gone through a flood, is water still there or has the water gone and now it is cleanup?
    Don

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
      This last storm was a knockout, In 60 years I have never seen it this bad,...............

Sorry to hear Frank, we were expecting more up here in MA, thankfully we dodged a bullet. Closer to the shore may have gotten more. To make things worse, after such a wet couple of months, the ground was so saturated, with the wind gusting, some trees were just blown over, rootballs and all!!! All in all, I guess were were pretty lucky!
      Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
        This last storm was a knockout, In 60 years I have never seen it this bad,...............

Sorry to hear Frank, we were expecting more up here in MA, thankfully we dodged a bullet. Closer to the shore may have gotten more. To make things worse, after such a wet couple of months, the ground was so saturated, and with the wind gusting, some trees were just blown over, rootballs and all!!! All in all, I guess were were pretty lucky!
        Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Holy Sea horses Frank. I was thinking of you guys in the Mid Atlantic and North East. Watching the news it looks bad over there. We continue to have thick smoke where I live that is likely to be around until it rains hard in the mountains.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Frank. Flood insurance>
            M. Henley

Comment

I was wondering how you made out when I heard there was flooding in your area Frank. I had to fix the unpaved driveway at my place, but it wasn't as washed out as the previous hurricane's damage a couple of weeks ago that took 2 days to fix.

Comment

You guys had two weather events ? I didn't realize that the North East and Mid Atlantic had tornados and hurricanes. I knew it could rain and flood.

We are dealing with a fire in the wilderness that is near our cabin. The area is closed so we can only go to check on things for 30 minutes after checking in with the deputy guarding the access roads. What is interesting is the forest service over the decades had changed their policies to not allow clear cuts and grazing. This caused piles of small branches and brush to grow between the trees which is fueling these fires. The last few weeks the forest service has been cleaning and clearing the area around our cabin property. They also have a sprinkler system in place just in case the fire gets to us.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the flood problem, Frank. We have some areas in our town that flood from hurricanes, tropical storms and even extended thunderstorms, but fortunately, our house is on the highest ground in the historic district that in records back to the 1700s has never flooded. My previous house was in a lower part of the historic district and I have seen pictures taken in one of the 1950s hurricanes showing people rowing boats down the middle of the street on that block. There are maps from period just after the War Between the States showing the area several blocks north of the historic district marked as "swamp". That area got subdivided and built upon from about 1890 to 1930 with minimal fill. With higher ground north, south and west of it, that is the part of town most prone to flooding.

Comment

I am so so sorry to hear this Frank . In NC we have lots of storms and disasters, but I've never had to deal with any natural disaster. In 1984 I did go thru a house fire . I'm hoping that you did have insurance. It saved me. These are awful times we are going thru. Big hugs

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                        You guys had two weather events ? I didn't realize that the North East and Mid Atlantic had tornados and hurricanes. I knew it could rain and flood.
                        1938_New_England_hurricane
                        “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
                          Wow.

Hey Frank, is the mess cleaned up yet ?

Comment

Wow.

no, not yet, we have the contractor ripping out everything

Comment

Wow.

no, not yet, we have the contractor ripping out everything

Comment

Working...
                              X