Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making car payments using credit card to gain a kickback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making car payments using credit card to gain a kickback.

Just wondering if anyone gains by using credit card to pay bills. Do certain cards give a better return than others? I make purchases all the time with SAM'S CLUB card. It give a 5% kick back on gasoline. Does anyone use the Wyndham Rewards Card? Do you really gain, or is that a rip off? Can I gain a sizable rebate making our car payment with a credit card?
    Robert

Wife has Costco card, Me I prefer to get FF miles so it updates
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I have several cards, so I always get at least 2% back and often 5% on all charges and sometimes even more. Some have limitations on how much you can earn in a year. The City Double Cash Card gets lots of use at a constant 2% back.

Comment

I have never seen a car payment that allows use of a credit card to make the payment. I pay for almost everything with a CC that allows it.

In cases where a merchant or vendor would add a fee to pay by card I don’t. The fee kills any gains you might have made by earning points or cash back.

Comment

True for me too. Also I get an extra charge when using a card for maintenance fees, so I pay that by check. Many resorts will accept a card payment without an added fee.

Comment

I pay cable, cell phone, car and home insurance on credit cards to get points. All my other bills charge fees to use a credit card.
            Jacki

Comment

If I remember correctly Honda let me put $5,000 on my credit card for a new car purchase. It was several years ago. I use my points for airline seats.
              Bart
              I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

Working...
              X