Any snow stories ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any snow stories ?

Looks like we may be getting some here this weekend. Not a big fan.

Yes, we saw 7 semis and a State Patrol off the road on way home from Lake Tahoe. Skinny snow this year at Lake Tahoe. Decent snow in our area mountains but I'm not snowmobiling anymore. My son and grand son were riding the ridges and trails by our cabin this weekend. They sent me some videos. Looked like big fun. I think I might sell my sleds as I am very tempted to hit the trails.

Comment

we had a 1-2 hour dusting but it was melted in 1-2 hours last week
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

So, here in Minnesota where last year we had over 70 inches, we have nothing on the ground right now.
        Don

Comment

We are waking up to a dusting but they are predicting a major storm for Sunday. Thank goodness Monday is a holiday and schools are closed.

- - - Updated - - -

We are waking up to a dusting but they are predicting a major storm for Sunday. Thank goodness Monday is a holiday and schools are closed.
          Jacki

Comment

Minor dusting here, big stuff coming Saturday night and going sub zero temps Monday and Tuesday. May be all snow or snow with some sleet or snow, sleet and freezing rain with power outages. Last prediction was 8-14 inches but forecasting is worse than usual thanks to the Government shutdown.

Comment

So far so good - woke up late and found the power on. So far it looks like 3" of frozen stuff out there and most of the time I look nothing is falling. It's suppose to keep doing something off and on until this afternoon, but so far no ice accumulation on my trees. Looks like this is an overblown major storm call - or at least I hope it ends up that way.

Comment

Our big storm turned out to be rain, thank goodness. The concern is that it will still be wet when the temps turn frigid and then everything will ice up.

- - - Updated - - -

Our big storm turned out to be rain, thank goodness. The concern is that it will still be wet when the temps turn frigid and then everything will ice up.
                Jacki

Comment

7 below right now with a wind chill of -17. Ended up with about 4 " of frozen precipitation. Got about half of the driveway shoveled yesterday- not sure if I will do more today or wait until tomorrow. Power outages south of us but not much here.
                  Not bad considering at one time they were predicting up to 18" of snow.

Comment

7 below right now with a wind chill of -17. Ended up with about 4 " of frozen precipitation. Got about half of the driveway shoveled yesterday- not sure if I will do more today or wait until tomorrow. Power outages south of us but not much here.
                    Not bad considering at one time they were predicting up to 18" of snow.

Comment

Earlier this week we had a good snow storm. I used all of my toys. Hook up the plow and plowed out a few driveways and about a 1/2 mile of road. Went to do a parking lot and as I finished the plow handle broke. I fired up the snow blower for other areas that are not plow-able. Its a big Troy and it fired right up. As I finished up using the plow I sucked in an ice chunk and broke 2 shear pins. My shovel still works but I'm not really wanting to shovel snow.

Last night our part of the state was under emergency alerts because of the snow storms. I think the emergency alert ends tomorrow. The wind has caused many large snow drifts. A crap house on one my buddies job sites blew out into the highway and was hit by a truck.

btw, I see the double link dealio isn't fixed yet.

Comment

I noticed that a college basketball game in your area was cancelled yesterday. Your storm is coming our way and is due Tuesday. As to the double post dealio - I can't figure out why or how to fix it. There are 2 types- one which show 2 posts and another that douibles the post in a single posting with a "---updated---" separating them. I've managed to change the color of the updated line to red but can't figure out what is causing the duplication.

Comment

They are forecasting snow here on Long Island on Tuesday. We’ve been lucky so far this year.

- - - Updated - - -

They are forecasting snow here on Long Island on Tuesday. We’ve been lucky so far this year.
                          Jacki

Comment

Should be starting to snow about any time now here. 5-8 inches predicted with some icing on top.

Comment

We picked up another 6 inches since yesterday. It is still snowing this morning. Actually, it is really coming down right now. I remember when I was a teen and these snowfalls were a good way to pick up a quick $100 shoveling driveways and sidewalks. That was in the early 70's. I bet a kid could make $500 now days doing the same. Especially on these days where school is canceled because of snow. Kids are complete wussys these days, imo.

I see that you did figure out how to change the update color, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X