Woot Staff 50% laid off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woot Staff 50% laid off

Might be coming to the ond f that bag of crap.

It has come to my attention that woot may be in the process of laying off some staff. I do not have many details at this point, however rumor has it that as many as half of the employees could be layed off, including the creative staff (the people who make woot fun). This information has come from several sources, and because of lawyers etc, is only partially available. I'm not sure what the future holds for Woot or what this means in the long run, but I felt like you all deserved to know. Some discussion can be found here. Feel free to leave a note on how the staff (creative or otherwise) make woot what it is. While it probably wont change things, it will let the staff know how much they are [were] appreciated.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

I used to check Woot all the time, but I found the new format very confusing and never really went back there again. Too bad, because it was a fun site.
    Jacki

Comment

The good and unique stuff seems to be done. Now it is more of a 'dump the crap that didn't sell (or returns) on Amazon' site.

I do like the monkey chatter on the emails.
      Don

Comment

Maybe they'll have half a bag of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          Maybe they'll have half a bag of crap.
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I purchase from their site a lot! Liked it better before the Amazon take over. They have done a good job on returns, etc. Hope they keep it going!

Comment

Working...
            X