Crazy night, 3 flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy night, 3 flats

I was going out to Jimmys to a Cigar bar to see the Hawks game. I had my Seahwaks jersey on,But I never made it there. I hit a pot hole and got 3 flats. I know 1 rim is gone not sure about the other 2. I had to get a flat bed to tow it home. I have not been out with the boys in a year and was so looking forward to going all week. I think I now hate low profile tires.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

One up on you - I had 4 one day when I was much younger. No potholes just lousy tires. At the time I had 3 spares and the 4th flat was about 150 yards from home. Same result tho- homebound.

Comment

Sorry your night was ruined.
      Jacki

Comment

Wow.
        And I was complaining about having one the other day.
        Sorry about the bad luck Frank.
        These new fangled tires are such a pain.

Comment

Even for New York that must have been some pothole Frank!
          Glad you are safe.
          Lawren
          ------------------------
          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Sounds more like what would happen if you went to a Raiders game wearing the other teams jersey.

Maybe the pothole guys are on slowdown, too.
            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Have the street department joined the police force with the flu?
              M. Henley

Comment

That just sucks!
                Pat H

Comment

Really that sucks. Where was this in Queens? What street? I go by your neighborhood about every 2 weeks.
                  Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Originally posted by billymach4 View Post
                    Really that sucks. Where was this in Queens? What street? I go by your neighborhood about every 2 weeks.
                    At the beginning of the Whitestone expressway right after getting on from the LIE. I was able to get off 20th AVE and made a right to a Mobil station where I sat until the tow came.

Comment

How disappointing that you missed your time out with the boys. Sorry Frank.
                      Syd

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                        At the beginning of the Whitestone expressway right after getting on from the LIE. I was able to get off 20th AVE and made a right to a Mobil station where I sat until the tow came.

You were going towards my area. I know the roads , and locations. As a matter of fact I need to go back that way soon.

I know the Mobil station. Man that hurts.
                        Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

I did not know what you were talking about these "different tires". Just came back from a late lunch/ early dinner and Tom said.....those are the tires. Frank has.

They look like bicycle tires...what's up with that!
                          GrayFal
                          Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                          Last edited by GrayFal; 01-11-2015, 08:13 PM.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

Had no idea about different tires either, thanks Pat.
                            Frank, sorry to read this. I can't imagine the size of the pothole!

Comment

Here are some pics

On the flat bed
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X