Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you noticed the Fat Wallet Button?

I have been put some kind of adds on the Site hopefully help pay for it. I have been eating about 90% of the cost to run the site. Ken is still getting any funds from the ads that were on the site prior. I wanted to keep all ads off but it is just to costly since I only get funds from your donations and I have never asked or wanted to put anyone in a position to Donate if they do not want to or can not afford it.

Fat Wallet is a shopping site that gives you cash back. I have received $980 in 3 years just for my internet shopping. The way it works is first you would join with the link above. I receive $20 after 2 people join and then purchase. I only get it once.
    Say you want to shop at Wal-Mart you log into fatwallet type Wal-Mart in there search then first see if they are offering discounts on FW Then hit the shop now button and it tracks your spending. If Wall mart is offering say 10 % then if you spend $200 you get back $200 after the sale clears so you do not return it.
    So you get Cash back and get coupons to use as well and it is all free to use.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Sounds fair Frank. We really appreciate all you do and I would be lost without the site, so am happy to help out if I can.

Comment

I've noticed it, but not really thought about it much. Only that it was there to generate money, and that you did what you needed to do.

We are all grateful for the time, money, and effort both you and Ken put into the site and addition to the moderators who don't always get their thanks as well.

Comment

Easy to join and you can save at hundreds of places. Almost bought some stuff I didn't need this morning. Even works for woot.

Comment

Great Idea Frank.
          You should put more links to stuff like this.
          If you go to some of the other forums like Flytertalk they have lots of ads on every page and that is a huge community.
          It doesn't really bother at all as it's relevant content.
          And I love Fatwallet. Do you get paid if we are already a member?

Comment

I joined, but now the hard part is remembering to go through the site to shop
            Jacki

Comment

I ended up signing up again thru facebook.
              Apparently I must have a very old account cause they couldn't find me with their fancy schmancy new website, so hopefully you'll get the credits Frank.

Comment

I will only get the credit the first time you join and make a purchase which is $10. Your savings are for life. Remembering at first will be hard but after you see what you save you will learn to look there first I have my wife and son looking threw FW as well. That is how I am up $1,000 in 3 years. In fact my son bought his X box one and PS4 threw FW and I got $20 cash back on both.

Comment

Thanks Frank for all you do!

All signed-up for Fat Wallet and will do some Xmas shopping.

Maria

Comment

Yup, I noticed it once you mentioned it. I will have a look.

Comment

Personally I think you should create a sticky thread in the members only forum re site finances, then periodically post updates about costs to run vs. revenues received. And remind people that this is a community site and if they want it to exist and be available to them they need to contribute - either directly or through something such as Fat Wallet, if that's a feasible revenue generator.

And you got me off my duff to renew my membership. Helps that I'm inundated with work right now.
                      “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
                        Personally I think you should create a sticky thread in the members only forum re site finances, then periodically post updates about costs to run vs. revenues received. And remind people that this is a community site and if they want it to exist and be available to them they need to contribute - either directly or through something such as Fat Wallet, if that's a feasible revenue generator.

And you got me off my duff to renew my membership. Helps that I'm inundated with work right now.

Thank You Steve I just added the Silver to your ID/ IF ANYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO DONATE here is the link http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/payments.php

As far as the cost I have a ball park figure. I was payong about $175 just for the server a month but now saving about $70 or $75. I may be getting rid of some of the 36 domain names which comes to about $360 a year. The Site scanner plus the fire wall not sure since I upgraded it but I believe it was about $50 or $60 per month

Comment

I joined FW from the link yesterday afternoon and bought a laptop last night.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
                            I joined FW from the link yesterday afternoon and bought a laptop last night.
                            John Did you have a pop up blocker on? I do see that you joined but did not get the credit from you first purchase which I thought it should be $10 but it is Only $5.

Maria I saw it worked for you how much did you save, I received $5

Comment

I was already a member, but I've never used it. How do you get the money back when you use it, Frank? A check or a credit or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X