Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The photo server is installed... Come check it out!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The photo server is installed... Come check it out!

I have managed to get the photo server installed. This is a powerful photo program that will allow members with appropriate permissions to post images here on the website. This photo server is fully integrated into the user database and has forum permissions based access and upload capabilities.

I have a couple code issues that I am trying to figure out as right now I am getting an error when I try to upload an image. I believe it is just a minor configuration error but I'll figure that out.

At this point the photo system is inactive for all users (staff included) while I get rid of the errors. I also need to figure out permissins and limits as with 1000-members there has to be some control on the amount of files that can be uploaded.

Frank and I will discuss the logistics of this and set up accounts accordingly.

Here is the new photo system, although there is not much to see as I can't upload a single picture yet!

For those that had stopped working on other projects per my request, you can continue on as the database is safe and secure!

The photo server is installed... Come check it out!

I have managed to get the photo server installed. This is a powerful photo program that will allow members with appropriate permissions to post images here on the website. This photo server is fully integrated into the user database and has forum permissions based access and upload capabilities.

I have a couple code issues that I am trying to figure out as right now I am getting an error when I try to upload an image. I believe it is just a minor configuration error but I'll figure that out.

At this point the photo system is inactive for all users (staff included) while I get rid of the errors. I also need to figure out permissins and limits as with 1000-members there has to be some control on the amount of files that can be uploaded.

Frank and I will discuss the logistics of this and set up accounts accordingly.

Here is the new photo system, although there is not much to see as I can't upload a single picture yet!

For those that had stopped working on other projects per my request, you can continue on as the database is safe and secure!

Comment

OK, it is working... I just have to set up categories and work out the permissions and limits before I can grant access to allow everybody to start uploading your images...

I hope to get some time to work on it later tonight but we are going on vacation and the wife isn't happy with me because of all the hours I have been spending on this site...

For my physical well being... I may not get all this set up until real late tonight after goes off to

Comment

OK, it is working... I just have to set up categories and work out the permissions and limits before I can grant access to allow everybody to start uploading your images...

I hope to get some time to work on it later tonight but we are going on vacation and the wife isn't happy with me because of all the hours I have been spending on this site...

For my physical well being... I may not get all this set up until real late tonight after goes off to

Comment

Are you setting maximum file sizes for uploads? Both physical dimensions and file size in k? Files don't need to be high k to be good quality. Obviously larger files will be more of a problem for those with dialup.

Comment

Are you setting maximum file sizes for uploads? Both physical dimensions and file size in k? Files don't need to be high k to be good quality. Obviously larger files will be more of a problem for those with dialup.

Comment

Yes, and I am open to suggestions on both. This little program is a nightmare to figure out all the configuration settings and so far I set it up se we can upload JPG, JPEG, GIF, and PNG images. I will add more as well...

I need to dig up some of my trip photos and upload them to see what sizes work and what don't. I also need t figure out the thumbnail settings so we don't get micro thumbs that nobody can see.

Next I plan to set up a watermark on this so that if someone was to cme and suck off our bandwith that at least our website address is on the photo so we get visitors out of it.

I will likely start this with a maximum image size of 800x600 but file size is challange to estimate!

It looks lite the program will shrink images to the necessary size but those are some funny settings as well...

Looks like I was woried about getting it installed when I should have been more woried about setting it up!

Comment

Yes, and I am open to suggestions on both. This little program is a nightmare to figure out all the configuration settings and so far I set it up se we can upload JPG, JPEG, GIF, and PNG images. I will add more as well...

I need to dig up some of my trip photos and upload them to see what sizes work and what don't. I also need t figure out the thumbnail settings so we don't get micro thumbs that nobody can see.

Next I plan to set up a watermark on this so that if someone was to cme and suck off our bandwith that at least our website address is on the photo so we get visitors out of it.

I will likely start this with a maximum image size of 800x600 but file size is challange to estimate!

It looks lite the program will shrink images to the necessary size but those are some funny settings as well...

Looks like I was woried about getting it installed when I should have been more woried about setting it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Quarterbore
                  Oh thats funny. My wife looks the same as yours. Maybe there sisters? And Yes you have been working around the clock. Just think Monday you will be on the Slopes.
                  Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by Quarterbore
                    Oh thats funny. My wife looks the same as yours. Maybe there sisters? And Yes you have been working around the clock. Just think Monday you will be on the Slopes.
                    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

OK, I uploaded some pictures of my wife and I from 2002 and 2003 in Killington Vermont. The photos range from about 600x400 upto about 1280x960,

The program chops them down to size pretty good!

http://www.timeshareforums.com/photo...t=500&ppuser=1

So, I am planning to start this with a maximum image size of 1280x960. On my computer I have a bunch of pictures of this resolution and the file run about 190k. This would work out to about six images of this full size per MB file space. At 640x480 three to four times as many photos (about 20 images)per MB of space.

So, for now I am setting the privileges up as follows.... remember that the people that have made donations to the site are the ones that paid for this software!

Posting Member: 1 MB
                      Bronze Contributor: 4 MB
                      Silver Contributor: 8 MB
                      Gold Contributor: 13 MB
                      Platinum Contributor: 20 MB
                      Site Staff: 8 MB

We may expand access rights in the future but I need to be careful as with 1000 members if each member would post their 1MB that would pretty much fill our current hosting package!

Comment

OK, I uploaded some pictures of my wife and I from 2002 and 2003 in Killington Vermont. The photos range from about 600x400 upto about 1280x960,

The program chops them down to size pretty good!

http://www.timeshareforums.com/photo...t=500&ppuser=1

So, I am planning to start this with a maximum image size of 1280x960. On my computer I have a bunch of pictures of this resolution and the file run about 190k. This would work out to about six images of this full size per MB file space. At 640x480 three to four times as many photos (about 20 images)per MB of space.

So, for now I am setting the privileges up as follows.... remember that the people that have made donations to the site are the ones that paid for this software!

Posting Member: 1 MB
                        Bronze Contributor: 4 MB
                        Silver Contributor: 8 MB
                        Gold Contributor: 13 MB
                        Platinum Contributor: 20 MB
                        Site Staff: 8 MB

We may expand access rights in the future but I need to be careful as with 1000 members if each member would post their 1MB that would pretty much fill our current hosting package!

Comment

I would recommend a dimension limit of 800 width as a maximum. I am a member of a number of photographic boards and anything wider means having to scroll left and right as well as up and down. Those sites also have a file size limit ranging from 100 to 200k and it is still possible to retain good detail.
                          If you would like to see some examples have a look at www.trekearth.com You can view the gallery without being a member. Trekearth has a max dimension of 800 and a max file size of 200kb.

Comment

I would recommend a dimension limit of 800 width as a maximum. I am a member of a number of photographic boards and anything wider means having to scroll left and right as well as up and down. Those sites also have a file size limit ranging from 100 to 200k and it is still possible to retain good detail.
                            If you would like to see some examples have a look at www.trekearth.com You can view the gallery without being a member. Trekearth has a max dimension of 800 and a max file size of 200kb.

Comment

I did mean to set the limit smaller for now... I set the max to 800x800 and if someone uploads something larger this software will resize it!

Comment

Working...
                              X