Big news from Christmas Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big news from Christmas Mountain

Timbers owners received a letter from bluegreen about a week ago regarding a vote that is this Friday, dec 20.
    the vote is to accept the two golf courses, the ski hill, the two buildings north of ski hill which I believe are registration and pool, and pro shop and restaurant.
    if timbers votes to reject the proposal, bluegreen will probably shut down the operations of golf and skiing.
    it is interesting that bluegreen chose the association where they control eighty percent of the vote. It is likely to pass, and bluegreen will continue to run the operations through a management agreement with the timbers association.
    There are five associations at Christmas ountain, they form a poa, and the president of the poa was unaware of this development until I forwarded an email sent out by a timbers owner.

CMV seems to be one of the few odd resorts in the BG system.
    Sure wish they would figure out how to eliminate the water filters. We were there in Oct, still had to deal with low flow filters in the shower. Bring our own water for drinking and brushing teeth.
    Don

Comment

CMV seems to be one of the few odd resorts in the BG system.
      Sure wish they would figure out how to eliminate the water filters. We were there in Oct, still had to deal with low flow filters in the shower. Bring our own water for drinking and brushing teeth.
      Don

Comment

They are telling us that legionnaires happened in units that sat empty for a long time. Rather strange in a resort that is always full, or at least that is what you are told when you try to book.

Comment

The assets have been transferred to the anti bers vacation club, so the expenses can be spread out between more people.
          my question, is that association only at Christmas mountain, or is that the name of the entire vacation club

Comment

We are Timbers Owners and we never received any letter regarding a vote on December 20. Does anyone have any more information on what happened at the vote on the 20th? Argh.

Comment

Originally posted by XmasDreams View Post
              We are Timbers Owners and we never received any letter regarding a vote on December 20. Does anyone have any more information on what happened at the vote on the 20th? Argh.
              You aren’t the only one who never received a letter, but since bluegreen owns 80 percent of the atimbers, I can imagine how the vote went.

Comment

Originally posted by XmasDreams View Post
                You aren’t the only one who never received a letter, but since bluegreen owns 80 percent of the atimbers, I can imagine how the vote went.

Comment

I was unsuccessful at posting a picture, but the vote was dec20 and on jan 2 the property was recorded as transferred to the timbers Association on Christmas Mountain
                  Attached Files
                  rapmarks
                  Last edited by rapmarks; 01-28-2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Thank you, this was news to us. I wonder why they transferred.

Comment

Speculation only, they have operated at a loss and are passing the loss on to be spread out among the larger membership of the timbers association. They will still get a management fee for running the operations.

Comment

Working...
                      X