Pines course shut down at CMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pines course shut down at CMV

The pines course has been shut down. They were barely taking care of it, and now have given up. The course is in bad shape, including the back nine of the oaks. There is a meeting Wednesday at 3:30 in Jollys

They reopened the pines course but do not send anyone out on it. It is a pasture, unwatered, unmowed, ponds are mud holes, no sand in bunkers but plenty of weeds. At the meeting the assistant manager made a lot of promises. Two weeks later he quit. The oaks is nowhere the course it used to be. Reviews of the course are terrible. I still see rental ads advertising the beautiful 27 hole course. I would omit that part, you are likely to be asked for your money back.
    rapmarks
    Last edited by rapmarks; 07-29-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Yesterday when I returned home I noticed a huge banner across the entrance to the Pines course blocking entrance and saying closed. The groundskeeper who felt he had too much work to do has gotten his way and closed the course. The greens are browned out, the ponds have no water in them, weeds everywhere. Another step in the demise of what used to be a jewel as all the other resorts in the area surpass Christmas Mountain

Comment

The groundskeeper left
        He was also running the pro shop, as that person left earlier in the summer and was never replaced.
        someone who works the front desk is now going to run the pro shop
        it is rather obvious that golf is a low priority at the resort

Comment

Seems maintenance of buildings were a low priority too. I have been there and seen many general maintenance items not being done, or done sub-par.
          Too bad. It was because of CMV that I got into timeshare.
          Don

Comment

Vintner I hope they don’t let the interiors rain down again and throw another three thousand plus dollar assessment at owners.

Comment

I am inclined to think they are trying to push the UDI owners out. Cleaning fees which have almost tripled and deteriorating conditions all around make it very difficult place to rent out. Having covered my initial costs (the transfer fee and SA) and my MF’s each year I basically have lodging costs covered for free minus the II exchange fee. Not sure keeping the property if another SA came along would be a viable option.

Comment

Concerned because someone posted on bluegreen resort addicts that thy were very disappointed in their lodgings and five people responded with the same comment. No one responded when I asked what was wrong.
                As far as renting, competition is the big resorts that constantly put money back into the amenities and more and more corporate hotels. Most hotels include free waterpark passes with the stay. The amenities at Christmas mountain are the same as when they purchased in in the late nineties and they added all the townhouses after they bought.
                They did complete the back nine of the oaks and they replaced the registration pool building that burned down but added a special assessment and the pool is really too shallow for swimming laps. When they announced the special assessment to rebuild the pool, they showed a beautiful indoor and outdoor pool area. When asked what happened to the outdoor area they said it was only an artists rendition.
                Anyhow, bluegreen has not put money into amenities in twenty years of ownership, and seems to go through periods of ignoring this resort.
                I know someone who was interviewed for maintenance job, had his own business for years but was thinking of staying local. Very skilled but was offered nine dollars an hour, they upped it to fourteen. Do you know anyone you can hire for home repairs and maintenance at that price.
                rapmarks
                Last edited by rapmarks; 08-15-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Reading this thread makes me more and more convinced I got out at the right time when they started raising the Timbers housekeeping fees through the roof. I generated quite a large number of TPUs (and still have a bunch left that I'm going to have trouble using up), and made a bit of a profit when I sold it. My main goal in getting the Timbers was the location, and the included golf and ski privileges...
                  Scott

Comment

Given my location and the lack of proximity to the resort this has been an exchange and rental location property only. The unit has been very giving to me though, and I have travelled to Aruba, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, and many other locations I would have been unable to otherwise. So purchasing has not been a losing proposition, just not nearly as valuable lately. There is some definite sadness though in the decline of the property as I get a negative feeling when I hear these kinds of things, and people are paying me money to go there.

Comment

The sprinklers were on the ninth green today, the first time all year. Hoping a sign they will try to resurrect the course

Comment

The general manager of the resort was working behind the desk in n the pro shop today, they literally have no one to work there.

Comment

Working...
                        X