Interesting news, Wisconsin dells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting news, Wisconsin dells

August 10 I was at the wilderness resort (glacier canyon) water parks and I was surprised to see Todd Nelson walk by. Todd owns the Kalahari resorts, and trappers turn golf course. He is a local boy who has done well. Basically he was at a competitors business, and was with a group of men, being shown around the area.
    Wondered about that, even as he made the news the next day for donating 88 acres of land to build a new high school in the Dells, he and his wife were class of 79, valued at a few million.
    This week the word is out, he is buying the wilderness resort.
    The story has always been that he wanted to buy Christmas mountain, he owns all the land behind it.
    Anyone who has been to either the Kalahari resorts or the wilderness know what great properties they are. I can't even imagine the value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the news has changed, Todd Nelson has burchased the entire Wilderness Resort and also Monks at the Wilderness and Sorrentos Restaurant. I heard a number like 35 million. I don't know what the changes mean, but I am going to use my gift ard for Monks this weekend.

Comment

A zip line that would run from Mexicali rose over the lower dells to the boat trip parking lot is awaiting approval. And the owner of the upside down White House is requesting approval to build a Washington monument next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
        the news has changed, Todd Nelson has burchased the entire Wilderness Resort and also Monks at the Wilderness and Sorrentos Restaurant. I heard a number like 35 million. I don't know what the changes mean, but I am going to use my gift ard for Monks this weekend.
        Wow! 35 Million.

Comment

I was just at Glacier Canyon over the weekend, and didn't hear anything from the staff there. I know this summer there was a news story that he was spending $35 million to expand the convention center at Kalahari.
          Scott

Comment

35 million doesn't sound like enough, I also heard he will be putting in a convention center at the wilderness.

Comment

The deal at the wilderness did fall through, and the convention center is being built near the Kalahari

Comment

Working...
              X