Recent reviews for Los Abrigados Resort & Spa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent reviews for Los Abrigados Resort & Spa

I have a week on hold with RCI for this resort in mid July for a family vacation and I am on the fence because of mixed reviews on this place. (and saw that the owners had sued the developer) They have both ends of the spectrum "stay away" and "it's my magical place". And the pictures of the units are the same, some look like an old roadside dive motel and others look like a decent condo. However none of the pictures compare to Hyatt's Pinon Pointe, alas I am in RCI and can't exchange for them.

The pool and pool bar look to be nice, some people complain about too many kids but I will be contributing to that with two so not concerned there.

We own with Bluegreen and stay at their nicer resorts and are very happy, Daytona Seabreeze, Seaglass Tower, Solara Surfside etc.

As you can see we like the beach, but like to see other things as well. We exchanged to Denver (Granby, CO) last year and had a good experience. The accomodations were huge, 2 Bdr loft on a Ski resort ( we went in the late Spring for white water). It was no Hyatt resort but we were rarely at the room except to sleep.

I think the same will be the case in Sedona, but I do want a nice pool (and bar!) to come back to after a long day at the Canyon, or Petrified Forest etc and nice modern comfortable accomadations to spend the evening and sleep. Balcony with a view is almost a must.

Can anyone give me a definite thunbs up for this place?

Thanks,

Joe

As long as you are exchanged into the actual Los Abrigados resort (the original timeshare) or the annex next to it (the Inn at LA), you will have a restaurant and bar available, and possibly good views.

However, LA is not what it used to be. There is an Italian restaurant and a sports bar restaurant/bar...with OTB window which invites in a different element...we don't enjoy the atmosphere, but many do.

If you must have a bar and restaurant, your choices are limited.

But if you would enjoy a unit that is well maintained and has more space and often available, Arroyo Roble is in Uptown, very close to bars and many restaurants and shops.

Then Villas of Sedona and Sedona Springs offers middle of West Sedona location, close to grocers, pizza and other restaurants, and a stone and a half's throw from LA.

The Wyndham offers nice units, with possible nice views.

The Summit is okay, location is more outside of the range for bars and restaurants, but doable.

The Ridge is actually in the Village of Oak Creek, has some nice views and units, close to a local area with bars and restaurants, grocer and breakfast places.

If it were us doing the search, we wouldn't take LA, and we would not hesitate to take Arroyo Roble, Sedona Springs, Villas or Wyndham.

Poco Diablo Villas are near the Radisson, which offers a restaurant and bar, and is an older smaller scale, but has nice view of creek area.
    Life is short, live it with this awareness.

Comment

Experience varies.... LOTS

We have stayed at LA four different times - all with different feeling....

1st time was an exchange in - and it was a one bedroom with two beds - partial kitchen - and it was okay - and we enjoyed the area.......

So we went back - to our unit - ya' - retail - it is a ILX gold two bedroom EOY unit and it is exceptionally nice -

So we went back - using friends studio - OMG - what a dump....even being part of the ILX of LA -- very clean - but it was a lousy lousy hotel room at best - we pitched such a 'fit' - that we were transfered to the remodeled units at Bell Rock - now that is a decent studio - two rooms - most of a kitchen - but the views I don't think are as great as LA ...

So we went back - to the ILX gold two bedroom unit - (actually the ground floor unit under the previous gold unit) - and we were extremely pleased with that experience....

We have never been there in the summer - and have never used the pools - but the restrauants were okay - bar okay - and it is a very short walk to Talaquappie (sp) bars and restrauants.

And we will go back - but only to a gold two bedroom unit or a platium two bedroom - - absolutely no one bedroom units and they shouldn't even be allow to sell or have folks occupy those studio units.....

Comment

Not to confuse!

In all four of the stays - the resort was exceptional in the check in process - in overall cleanliness - grounds conditions - I think it is a top notch place - have been very happy looking forward to our week at ILX Los A -and I certainly do like Sedona ---- I didn't want to leave the wrong impression that it was a dump - but those studio's are certainly that - and the one bedroom are from a previous time -

I think you would enjoy Sedona - if you get the right room reservations.....

Comment

Thanks for the info. We decided to pass on Sedona this year in favor of Big Cedar Wilderness Club in Mo. But we still definitely plan to visit Sedona, and maybe Los Abrigados. We just felt that the age our kids are at now they would not enjoy Sedona as much as Table Rock Lake and Branson.

From the "good" pictures I have seen the resort looks very nice, with a nice pool and bar, and looks attractive. As you mentioned the only real concern would be the accomodations you could get stuck with.

Joe

Comment

My DD and her husband went a few months ago and are still raving...
            Connie

Comment

Working...
            X