FF Sedona or Los Abrigados?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF Sedona or Los Abrigados?

My next door neighbor and I want to go to Sedona next Feb for my bd and I can get either a 2 br at FF Sedona or a 1br @ Los Abrigados (sp) Which would you choose and why. shaggy

Shaggy,
    The FF is a newer resort, but it is not in any special location, it is in the middle of West Sedona, convenient to grocers and a couple of restaurants, but looks like an apartment complex in town.

The resort at LA is set near the creek, and has its own health spa. The location is more "scenic" and also has three great restaurants on site, and well managed activities desk.

It is also next door to Tlaquepaque, a high end but beautiful shopping spot...with several nice restaurants. Easy to walk to from LA. You can also walk to the uptown if you cared to do so, from LA. Uptown is the "tourist" mecca of shops, restaurants and some wonderful viewing.

While you might want the 2 BR because it is more roomy and has a full kitchen, LA might be more convenient....I don't think they have a kitchen in the 1BR, rather I think it is a wetbar, microwave toaster, and small refrig.

Hope this helps you decide...if you need more questions answered, just whistle!
    Life is short, live it with this awareness.

Comment

If FF Sedona is anything as nice as FF Ridge on Sedona Golf Course I'd take it in a flash.

We were about 15 minutes from downtown and shops but that much closer to the interstate for Grand Canyon, etc.

Los Abrigados is close to everything.

Hopefully you'll get people with information on those two specific resorts to help you decide.
      Lawren
      ------------------------
      There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

LA is in the process of remodeling their units and putting in SMALL kitchens. They also have a sofa sleeper in the living room. The convenience of LA's location along with all the amenties of the resort make it my choice. Love their spa - fabulous services and exercise facility. You can walk uptown (parking is at a premium uptown)! Locals love the "all you can eat" pasta night at Joey's Restaurant at LA. Enjoy Sedona. Jan

Comment

What about adding Arroyo Roble? to the mix

Which of these 3? Isn't Arroyo Roble the tuggers fav? or is it Los Ab? I don't think I'd go wrong with any of the 3 but do want y'alls input. shaggy

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
            Which of these 3? Isn't Arroyo Roble the tuggers fav? or is it Los Ab? I don't think I'd go wrong with any of the 3 but do want y'alls input. shaggy

You must be looking at 2008.

I need a kitchen when we go away, even if just for breakfasts/lunches. I even cooked twice when we were there in April.

Bruce CZ just stayed at AR in April. Ask his opinions. I got the impression that the units were dark. If I want dark I can go down to my family room.
            Lawren
            ------------------------
            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Lauren, it was Feb 2007!! After midnight is when I found these gems with the piece of junk ORE/MROP gave me to search with. shaggy

Comment

There's a Flagstaff on the HTSE Exchange Opportunities board.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/showthread.php?t=12184
                Note you have to be a posting member with 15 posts to view or be a site contributor.
                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I'm only interested in Sedona unless I choose to go to Las Vegas. shaggy

Comment

I'm only interested in Sedona unless I choose to go to Las Vegas. shaggy
                    I thought Flagstaff is in Arizona
                    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Shaggy,
                      If you want the full kitchen, Fairfield is a good choice.

If you want more convenient location, and something with scenic views, creek, and more ambience as a resort, I would say pick Los Abrigados or Arroyo.

If it were me, I would pick Los Ab for its spa alone, but the bonus for me would be its three restaurants, and its location near the creek and Tlaquepaque.

But you can't go wrong with any of the 3...for you will be in Sedona!

Comment

Sedona or Flagstaff

We have stayed at the FF in Sedona and Flagstaff. Both are very nice. Just remember that if you go in the summer, Sedona will be 100 degrees F or higher and Flagstaff will be 20-25 degrees less.

Comment

We liked AR very much, IMHO it felt larger than the other 2 that you mentioned that we toured for the goodies.

Our unit living areas were not dark and the higher AR ceilings in the living room were nice along with the Balony.

The AR is right downtown near a lot of shops but it was IMHO a lot quieter and more restfull than LA was when we were there.

I liked the indoor-outdoor pool at AR.

On my limited experiance I would rate AR no 1.

The best part of our trip was meeting Katiemack. She and her hubby were so nice to meet and are really neat kind people.

Bruce
                          The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2
                            If FF Sedona is anything as nice as FF Ridge on Sedona Golf Course I'd take it in a flash.
                            Actually, the Ridge on Sedona is owned by Sunterra, not Fairfield.
                            Carl

Comment

Yes, Carl, thanks for catching that...the Ridge is run by Sunterra, and is NOT in Sedona proper...it is in the Village of Oak Creek, about 7 miles south of the city of Sedona, off HWY 179.

So, Shaggy....did you choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X